Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everything done before 1st mission

• 06-08-2006 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I´m just wondering if anyone has done this?

In GTAIII I´ve recently discovered a way to get to the second island early without having to unlock it - totally legit too, not using cheats or anything.

So I went and I collected all the special packages and did all the side missions that it was possible to do at the time.

In other words, I did the first few missions until I could save, then proceeded to go and get a hell of a lot of things that I´m not supposed to have at that stage of the game ie I can do all the first missions where you´re supposed to kill some waster by beating him with a bat using the sniper rifle or the rocket launcher.

It takes a while to do this but its definately worth it as it makes a lot of the early missions much easier.

I´ve done it with VC as well, not yet with SA cos you get the cops after you straight away if you´re in an area you shouldn´t be.

It might seem a lot of unnecessary work to a lot of you but its great craic to take out someone with a rocket launcher when they don´t expect you to have it yet :D

Comments?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

possibly why they added the script to have cops come after you if you leave the first area before completing a certain mission in SA :D

nifty idea, didn't know about it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Telling us how to get to the islands would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

or better still, how about posting your savegames for us lazy folk?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

I remember gettin to the 2ed island before it became opened but once on got on it I had the full 6 stars and every1 was after me..I died shortly after :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Sounds good. But the only way I did it was by using the cheat that allows you to fly over the bridge:D .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sounds good. But the only way I did it was by using the cheat that allows you to fly over the bridge:D .
    Same for me in GTAIII, but I was able to do it without cheats in VC.

To get the jumps and packages on Starfish island, get an ambulance and back it up to the left side of the gate, on the pedestrian pathway. Get on top of the ambulance, face the gate and turn left a little. Aim for the bushes and shoot a few times. There'll be invisible walls that the bullets will hit off and you'll see, but you'll find a gap that you can jump to and onto the island.

To get to the second island, bring an ambulance to the little harbor by the underground carpark in Ocean Beach. Use the ambulance to jump over gate on the right. Get a boat and sail across to the airport.

It's been a while, but I think that's the way it's done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Telling us how to get to the islands would be nice.

Well in GTAIII you take that car thats in Easy Credit Autos (banshee I think) and you get on top of the tunnel that leads to the other two islands.

Turn the car so that you´re facing away from the water. Then, reverse slowly until the car starts to tilt. Just as its tilting (the back wheels should be over the water at this stage) press triangle. Your character will exit the car, fall into the water, but for some reason, won´t drown. You´ll be on top of the tunnell. All you need to do now is run to the end of the tunnell and you´re in staunton. You can save game in the staunton hideout so if you get busted/wasted and get sent back to portland, you can always just reaload and get back to staunton instantaneously. Also, because you technically haven´t unlocked the second island, the barricades from the second island to the third island aren´t up yet, so you can freely access the third island as well.

To get to the other islands in Vice City, go to the film studio. Using a PCJ, get into the studio via the unique jump that is there. Go to the north-western corner of the studio and there is a packer there. Position the packer so that a jump from it will land you beyond the invisible wall that exists on the bridge on the other side of the wall. Take your PCJ, and get as far away from the possible for as big a run up as you can get. Floor it, and jump the wall. That will give you access to the second major island. To get to the minor island that the mansion is on, just fly there using any of the helicopters that you can get on the eastern island ( I can´t remember the names of the islands, its a while since I played VC )

As for getting to the other islands in SA, just get into the airport early and fly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

tman wrote:
    or better still, how about posting your savegames for us lazy folk?:p

I´m on holliers at the mo but when I get back I´ll be sure to put them up here.

I only have max drive saves though, that ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

possibly why they added the script to have cops come after you if you leave the first area before completing a certain mission in SA :D
    Aye. Nothing better than swimming to the 2nd island in SA, jumping into a car, and seing how long you last. T'was great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

the_syco wrote:
    Aye. Nothing better than swimming to the 2nd island in SA, jumping into a car, and seing how long you last. T'was great fun.

Have to agree with you there mate. Was great craic. Just have to dig out SA and I will give it another shot:D .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

eamoss wrote:
    I remember gettin to the 2ed island before it became opened but once on got on it I had the full 6 stars and every1 was after me..I died shortly after :rolleyes:
    Same

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Advertisement