Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dub moved to London-how do i rent my gaff?

Options
  • 06-08-2006 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

hi-
    have a mortgage on a small place i bought in dub10 and have lived in for 2.5 years.
    Now i've moved to London for work and I want to rent the place and the estate agents say i'd get 1000 pm of which they'll take 100.
    I've also been told by a mate 20% is taken off for income tax leaving me with 700.
    my mortgage is currently 800ish.

Can anyone break down for me how i go about becoming a landlord and registering for income tax and if i'm entitled to any exemptions as i've relocated.
    thanks in advance,
    tóg go bog é.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Take a look at The Guide To Rental Income on the revenue website...

I don't know how the tax affects you living in the UK, but any expenses you incur, you can deduct before calculating your tax liability. ie. agent, etc.

Advertisement