Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden / Tool Shed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

A friend has one of these and they are very flimsy. Although I don't have a steel shed I have dealt with adman solutions and found them to be very helpful. They are based in Wexford but will deliver. Clane garden sheds are good but a little expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

O'Brians sheds are by far the best, near Ballinasloe they are.

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

A friend of mine gave me his Argos shed for free, it's that flimsy. If all you're going to do is store the lawnmower and garden tools in it then fine, but don't buy an expensive one.

If you're looking for somthing a bit more substanstial, maybe to use as a workshop, then stay local (as the previous posters said). I went to a guy in our estate who had a proper galvanised one made for him, excellent job and he pointed me in the direction of the guy who built/installed it for him - €1000 even, built and fitted for a 10' * 6.5 ' with a window and extra large door. He did the fitout internally himself; he also had to prepare the base himself - an extra cost to watch out for.

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

If you are anyway handy it may be worth doing it yourself.
    I build a steel shed 10 X 15 for 1200 euro including the 4 inch concrete base. Took a day to lay the base and two days to build the shed. To buy the same shed without the base was about 2500 euro. I had look around and copied one of the designs but made it a bit stronger. I got the lengths of steel delivered and the clading cut to order and delivered. Of cource you would need to be able to lay your hands on a welder and grinder and also need a mate to give you a hand. Good project for over two weekends especially with good weather. Nothin like a nice cool beer after a days real work

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

I knew somebody who had an Argos metal shed. It blew away in gust of wind.....(seriously, it did).

It was about as thick as the metal that they use in large catering trays.

Shannette sheds in Killbegan are pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Moody Brothers in Kildare make good quality sheds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

There is a crowd in Mountbellew in County Galway. They go under O' Brien Timber Products. They do all sorts of wooden sheds. They will defo have what you need and they erect them as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Bought that very shed myself, big mistake. It is vital that you have a concrete base and even then, unless you seal all the way around it will flood in wet weather. The biggest hassle for me was that you can't hang anything on the walls.If you can manage blocks go that way, better all round in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Spoke to a guy in Clane Steel Sheds.

10 ft by 8ft with steel door and PVC window, supplied & fitted for €1530.

A tad on the expensive side but a neighbour has one and it looks quality. It will also negate the need for a concrete base which I was planning to do.:)

http://www.clanesteelgardensheds.ie/details.html

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭damiand

I built a concrete block shed in my (town) garden. About 200 blocks €200 (about 4 year ago) door frame (got robbed) €100, bolted wood to it myself €30 and roofing material €200. Got a lad to lay some of the blocks for me €150. Timber in the roof €80, got small window for free, extras €40. All in for under €1000. Layed a pipe with wire and my cousin wired and installed lighting and power points about €300.

Its a lovely job. About 10ft by 14ft. Big enough.

Lot of hard work involved. Nearly forgot about the steel in the foundartions about €40 and 2 metres3 of concrete, cannot remenber the cost. leveled myself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement