Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CZ 527 Varmint Kevlar

Options
  • 07-08-2006 5:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Seen as this particular rifle made my shortlist and is a tad less expensive than a custom build, which im still looking into, just keeping the options open. Id just like to know does anyone have any experience with

A) this rifle CZ 527 Var Kev
    B)After market modifications to rifles.
    1. I would like to have the factory single set trigger replaced by an adjustable one, is this possible?
    2. I would also like to have a riflesmith true and blueprint the action/barrel, again is this possible?
    3. I would also like to have the factory barrel fluted for a)aesthetics b)cooling etc, again can a riflesmith do this?
    4. I would like to use a weaver/picatinny style mounting system for the optics, instead of bog standard mounts

As you can see ive been doing a bit of self-educating on the subject, im new to this custom/after market modification game so cut me some slack if im asking dumb questions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

newby.204 wrote:
    Seen as this particular rifle made my shortlist and is a tad less expensive than a custom build, which im still looking into, just keeping the options open. Id just like to know does anyone have any experience with

A) this rifle CZ 527 Var Kev
    B)After market modifications to rifles.
    1. I would like to have the factory single set trigger replaced by an adjustable one, is this possible?
    2. I would also like to have a riflesmith true and blueprint the action/barrel, again is this possible?
    3. I would also like to have the factory barrel fluted for a)aesthetics b)cooling etc, again can a riflesmith do this?
    4. I would like to use a weaver/picatinny style mounting system for the optics, instead of bog standard mounts
    According to some posters here- http://www.czshooters.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=17, the 527 trigger is adjustable, and they appear to be very happy with it.
    The rest of your proposals are exactly the sort of thing a good riflesmith would be well able to do. You may even find it might be a bit cheaper/easier to replace the original factory barrel with a high quality custom barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Thanks for the advice Rovi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

The trigger is adjustable

theres 2 settings on it

Normal - Single stage trigger you pull (may be a bit of creep) and trigger goes off

Set - This is activated by pushing the trigger foward then the trigger becomes light and sensitive and is easily set off (used for target shooting)

CZ by nature are a good quaility well built value for money gun they arent top of the range but are still extremely accurate and high quaility

The tikka T3 is a very popular rifle and lots of boards users own one in .223 the Remmy 700 is also an excellent rifle which will have alot of aftermarket products available ie barrels stocks and triggers

im not sure if theres many aftermarket parts for cz's you could check timmneys sight and see if they make a trigger for it but the single set trigger is an excellent trigger

http://www.czub.cz/index.php?p=32&idp=3&ids=10&idz=184&lang=en

Thanks for the advice psitta, i have since got in touch with Border Barrels of scotland.They are building me a custom M40A3 clone in .223. A tad more expensive than a CZ 527, but i will have it forever and cant wait till its built, meanwhile ill have the .22wmr for target practice/hunting and ive my O/U. I know im gambling with the .223 considering the CJB but ill take the chance. anyway thanks for the help while i was making my mind up.

Nice.

You'll have to get a few pics of that for us as well. Is your brno a semi auto?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭bernard93

Newby,

Quick one. Why would you want an M40A3 for? Is it for Hunting or F class?

Bernard

Hunting/Fclass(in the future) and aesthetics.No company can design from scratch what you want in a market rifle, answer get it built and im not gettin it built in .308 im gettin it done in .223. Brno is a bolt action psitta.

No matter how strict quaility control is a factory rifle will never be as good as a custom built rifle. You get what you pay for.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Newby.

I have a Remmy 700 vs, Heavy barrell 1/14 twist, H S precission stock, fully free floated, Glass bedded, Honed trigger, Threaded. This gun consistently shoots 1/4 inch at 100yrds, and head shots on bunnies out to 400 are a doddle. Point is, you don't need to spend a fortune to own a excellent varminter. Target jobbies are a different matter entirely. So don't get to carried away just yet.

Hezz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭17REM

hezz, wat caliber u got? where u get the work done on da rifle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

newby.204 wrote:
    Thanks for the advice psitta, i have since got in touch with Border Barrels of scotland.They are building me a custom M40A3 clone in .223. A tad more expensive than a CZ 527, but i will have it forever and cant wait till its built, meanwhile ill have the .22wmr for target practice/hunting and ive my O/U. I know im gambling with the .223 considering the CJB but ill take the chance. anyway thanks for the help while i was making my mind up.

What if you dont get the permit and the folks that are building you the rifle, get mad?
    Keelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

17REM wrote:

Sounds like a swift at a guess?
    Keelan.

Keelan wrote:
    What if you dont get the permit and the folks that are building you the rifle, get mad?
    Keelan.

Have thought about that keelan....... em i think ill deal with that down the road, i hope it doesnt come to that

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

17REM wrote:

Keelan is on the money, its a .220 swift. I'll PM you with the details of where i had it done.

Hezz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭17REM

thanks hezz, seen fox shot wit swift good stopper!!

Advertisement