Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shels-Bohs LC Semi-final

• 07-08-2006 8:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭

Tonight in Tolka.

Should be a stroll for Shels judging by recent form, but it's a derby and a cup-tie so that's all meant to go out the window. Hopefully not!!!! :D

All I can say is that if nutsy sticks with his first XI, Bohs are gonna be up against it big time.

Winners of the LC also get a Setanta Cup spot which will be a huge incentive for Bohs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Our only hope is that it's a cup tie and a derby and we'll have more fans/make more noise than Shels.
    Couple of previews here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

johnos wrote:
    Our only hope is that it's a cup tie and a derby and we'll have more fans/make more noise than Shels.
    Couple of previews here

Yeppers, C'mon the Bohs, the fans will be 12th man as per the norm when playing Shels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The usual match night offerings from ShelsWeb tonight.

Live text updates here

Live streaming commentary with Declan Drake here, it will be ok tonight, back in Tolka where the wireless set up is reliable.

We will have a highlights/interviews package, after the debacle that was Drogheda not allowing us to film.

If Fenlon sticks with close to the same XI he's used in the past few weeks, then we should win. I can't believe Bohs are third last in the league, and with the was we are playing now, I'm really looking forward to any games we play.

I'll go with a 3-0 win, as long as we stick with something resembling a first eleven, but even if we stuck out the reserve raggle taggle side that played Sunderland recently, I'd still see us winning, such is my confidence in Shels at the moment.

It's the only trophy Fenlon hasn't won as a manager or a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

johnos wrote:
    we'll have more fans/make more noise than Shels

Ah yes, those wonderful fans who are heading for the exits with >20 minutes left when we're beating you. :rolleyes:
    seansouth wrote:
    It's the only trophy Fenlon hasn't won as a manager or a player.

Not true. Setanta Cup. :(

And CL and UEFA Cup. ;)

Zebra3 wrote:
    Not true. Setanta Cup. :(
    Hmm - well in fairness he couldn't have won it as a player. But yeah, point taken.
    Zebra3 wrote:
    And CL and UEFA Cup. ;)
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I think it'll be 2-0 Shels , with the form they're in it's very hard to see them being beaten at the moment .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

3-0 Shels with half a first team out there.
    Can't see Bohs posing much of a threat and can't see shels being rocked by anyone at the moment.

(I'd go as far as saying they are playing the best football that I have ever seen from any EL team consistantly...just a shame we played inter-toto and peaked after...hopefully it can roll over to next season, where I've no doubt we'll be playing CL football again.)

People seem to forget that Derry have dropped fewer points. The league is far from over though a win for Shels against Cork on Friday night would leave them with a huge uphill task.

First things first, let's get a win tonight. Hopefully 1-0 with Farrelly getting an o.g. :D

Zebra3 wrote:
    People seem to forget that Derry have dropped fewer points. The league is far from over though a win for Shels against Cork on Friday night would leave them with a huge uphill task.
    Yes, even some pundit on eL weekly who said Shels can't be caught :rolleyes:

I think some of Cork City's hopes were dashed on Saturday evening with the draw in the RSC, if we beat them on Friday I'd say their title hope will be dead and buried.
    Zebra3 wrote:
    First things first, let's get a win tonight. Hopefully 1-0 with Farrelly getting an o.g. :D
    Well, I'll go for a 2-0 (Ndo screamer 32', Farrelly og 90')

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Form book is out the window!!

Shels are expected to win so if there is any pressure it's on us,Bohs have nothing to lose and this is their last chance to salvage something from a dire season so far.I think it'll be closer than a lot of Shels fans expect!

1 maybe 2 nil to Shels!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bohs are 5-1 to win.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

1-0 to shels.

Joey does it again on '77.

Closer game than predicted.

Bohs get Fuucked by Ref in Tolka for the second time. 2 reds and 8 yellows. Bohs where all over Shels in the first half and most of the second.

Absolutely disgraceful refereeing from Stokes. :mad:

TheGooner wrote:
    Bohs get Fuucked by Ref in Tolka for the second time. 2 reds and 8 yellows. Bohs where all over Shels in the first half and most of the second.

Absolutely disgraceful refereeing from Stokes. :mad:
    Come on now, Arkins elbowed Hawkins, it was a straight red, no doubt about it.

I didn't see the second red card, but McGuinness should have walked earlier for two bookable offences, only one of which he was actually booked for. Bobby Ryan took an arm to the face in the second half too, and the ref only gave a free.

Fair enough, Bohs were probably worth a draw at least, but the Shels players didn't once rise to the dispicable antics of the Bohs players

seansouth wrote:
    Come on now, Arkins elbowed Hawkins, it was a straight red, no doubt about it.

I didn't see the second red card, but McGuinness should have walked earlier for two bookable offences, only one of which he was actually booked for. Bobby Ryan took an arm to the face in the second half too, and the ref only gave a free.

Fair enough, Bohs were probably worth a draw at least, but the Shels players didn't once rise to the dispicable antics of the Bohs players

From where I was (riverside) I saw a whole load of Shels offences but the linesmans guide dog was too busy to spot.

I am not bitter about being beaten as i expected that. Just disgusted that it was blatant one sided refereeing.

This other bohs supporter said it better than I could.....

"Absolutely disgusted with his performance/Shels bias, he gave them free-kick's for nothing, when we won tackles fairly he would somehow manage to conjour up a Shels free. His bookings were a disgrace I haven't a clue how he could justify giving us so many bookings and letting the Shels players get away with everything, I think the only 2 players from our starting 11 that weren't booked were Harkin and Ward, I could be wrong there though."

TheGooner wrote:
    From where I was (riverside) I saw a whole load of Shels offences but the linesmans guide dog was too busy to spot.
    I was just above you, in the gantry - did you see me walking up or down the ladder? White top, cap? :)

Anyway, the ref let a lot of Bohs stuff go too, there was just a lot more Bohs stuff that he had to discipline.

The two red cards were straight red offences, did you see even one of them by any Shelbourne player tonight?

seansouth wrote:
    I was just above you, in the gantry - did you see me walking up or down the ladder? White top, cap? :)

Anyway, the ref let a lot of Bohs stuff go too, there was just a lot more Bohs stuff that he had to discipline.

The two red cards were straight red offences, did you see even one of them by any Shelbourne player tonight?

I was right under you....ooh as an actress said to a bishop!

Devlin was booked for raising his hand and yet baker wasn't for the push at the corner flag!

Im not debating the reds at all I am just debating why the ref gave us yellows and shels non for the same fouls committed....

I'll admit at one point I turned to Declan Drake in the commentary box and started laughing at how first Ryan, then Hawkins weren't booked for what looked like worse offences than what some of the Bohs players were carded for, in fairness.

seansouth wrote:
    I'll admit at one point I turned to Declan Drake in the commentary box and started laughing at how first Ryan, then Hawkins weren't booked for what looked like worse offences than what some of the Bohs players were carded for, in fairness.

thanks I appreciate your honesty.

We're all just going mad now because Alan kelly fuucked us in Tolka the last time.

Honestly Stokes performance tonight was incitment to riot. Idiots like these shouldn't be allowed work.

It did look like some of the Bohs players were more intent on kicking Shels players than the ball at times though.

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:
    It did look like some of the Bohs players were more intent on kicking Shels players than the ball at times though.

Hmmmmm!

Off to bed with me to shake this Ian Stokes induced Migraine before work tomorrow... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

seansouth wrote:

Are you the fella that does the text commentary?

Yes.

Well, there's two of us, but I do most of the typing,the other bloke is off organising the camera and interviews and stuff.

Comments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Fair play to ye, I couldnt sit still long enough at a match to do it. The new system ye have coming online should be a great asset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

seansouth wrote:

Comments?

Yep, some of them have been priceless of late...

"Just found out the bar will be closed at half time"

"I'm off for a wee"

"Sorry for the lack of updates, I bought an ice cream just before the 2nd half started"

:D

Keep 'em coming!

Match reports round up of The Ian Stokes Show
    Needless to say, a very frustrating night. Bohs yet again thwarted by quite simply inexplicable refereeing. Every time a Bohs player put in a tackle, all eyes were on Ian Stokes's right arm, which seems to go on autoseek to his pocket without any assistance from his brain.
    Why, oh why, are eL refs so excitable?
    We didn't win, going down when fatigue set in to a toe-poke after a typical Crow mis-hit. But we were at least worth a draw, and 10 men in black played Shels off the park in the first half.
    A far cry from the 3-0 confidently predicted here and elsewhere.

johnos wrote:
    Match reports round up of The Ian Stokes Show
    Needless to say, a very frustrating night. Bohs yet again thwarted by quite simply inexplicable refereeing. Every time a Bohs player put in a tackle, all eyes were on Ian Stokes's right arm, which seems to go on autoseek to his pocket without any assistance from his brain.
    Why, oh why, are eL refs so excitable?
    We didn't win, going down when fatigue set in to a toe-poke after a typical Crow mis-hit. But we were at least worth a draw, and 10 men in black played Shels off the park in the first half.
    A far cry from the 3-0 confidently predicted here and elsewhere.

What about the delibrate attempts to brake up O'Neill, Crowe and Baker? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bohs and Shels fans fighting after the game whilst wearing colours on Richmond Road?

Anyone see this or is a conspiracy?

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaC wrote:
    Bohs and Shels fans fighting after the game whilst wearing colours on Richmond Road?

Anyone see this or is a conspiracy?

kdjac

Yes it was the 11-15 year old, tracksuit clad knackers from both clubs. The garda horsies where out as where the riot squad and alsatians, really entertaining tbh!!

As previously stated if there had of been huge trouble I'd have held Stokes responsible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Stokes was terrible for both sides, it was a warranted red - I was right beside it. Deliberate elbow in the face as far as I was concerned.

We should have had more yellows than we got, and Bohs should have had more too. Stokes bottled it after giving away the early red, and was afraid to go near his cards for the rest of the game (e.g.: how many bad fouls did Joxer have to make before he got booked? Why wasn't Devlin booked for kicking the ball away - several times?). Simply put, he was shat for both teams, get over it.

Your lack of discipline cost you, plain and simple. Next time get that mong Farrelly to inform your players that its the ball they're mean to be kicking, that only Digger can use his hands, and elbowing opponents in the face isn't looked kindly upon if seen by the officials (no matter how poor they are). Sheesh! :D

TheGooner wrote:
    Yes it was the 11-15 year old, tracksuit clad knackers from both clubs. The garda horsies where out as where the riot squad and alsatians, really entertaining tbh!!

As previously stated if there had of been huge trouble I'd have held Stokes responsible!

Yeah, Stokes should have sent off at least another three Bohs players and booked countless of them for kicking the ball away every time the play went dead.

seansouth wrote:
    Yes.

Well, there's two of us, but I do most of the typing,the other bloke is off organising the camera and interviews and stuff.

Comments?

Handy serivce. Its always a few minutes ahead the live commentary from Declan Drake though. :confused:

Will you be interviewing the cork players after they win or is it just the shels lads you interview? :p

Handy serivce. Its always a few minutes ahead the live commentary from Declan Drake. :confused:
    The reason for that is that while typing we can get them up pretty much in real time, but with the live commentary the feed has to go through encoding on site, get sent to the server then decode at user's end. It's no more than a 20 second delay surely?

When I'm sitting there beside Declan there is even a delay on my laptop. I have to have it on really low to monitor quality etc.

Even when you watch a very well produced Sky package from the PL there is a delay in the live coverage. If you had someone in, say, Old Trafford doing Live Text Updates like we do, you'd know about goals etc before they appeared on Sky.
    Will you be interviewing the cork players after they win or is it just the shels lads you interview? :p
    We normally get interviews from both sides, but Bohs had their own cameraman there, so politics plays a little part in who we get. We'll definitely try to get interviews from the CCFC players on Friday night, and of course Rico.

Thanks for the feedback, we have a highlights package of the game online now here. Any comments on that?

Anyone else got any comments on anything to do with the service provided.

We eventually are trying to move into covering the entire league.

Dont really watch the hightlights. Not too pushed how shels do. I'll be watching them for fridays match though.

it would be excellent if you could for the entire league though. Same they dont do it themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

We might have sneaked a draw if we had been able to get a shot on target in the 90 minutes, but we would never have won. The discipline thing is nothing sudden from Bohs; after Alan Reynolds put one of our young kids in hospital in the league fixture this season, there was always going to be bad blood.

The refereeing situation in this league at this point is fairly simple. Shels players and fans know that every referee in this league is going to give them 99% of all 50-50 decisions in every match, as well as a few 40-60s too. They don't have to justify themselves to the rest of us anymore, because they are happy enough with the current arrangement and know it will continue as long as Shels remain the galacticos of the league.

Advertisement