Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More dogs to be killed in China

Options
  • 07-08-2006 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Animals Asia is still fighting:

Once again we need your help to protest another dog cull in China, this time in Jinan in Shandong Province. In response to the deaths of 16 people from rabies in Jinan over the last 8 months, Government officials had announced plans to kill all dogs (whether licensed or not) within a 3 mile radius of the recent rabies outbreaks, but refused to disclose how many dogs would be killed. Animals Asia supporters living in the region have now confirmed that the slaughter is underway.

We have written an urgent letter to the Shandong authorities, as well as requesting urgent meetings with the Central Government in Beijing - where we hope to bring together key Chinese animal welfare advocates to discuss what is needed from within to address the problems of rabies and stray dog control throughout China.

We would like to request your help in adding your voice to the call by going to:
    http://www.animalsasia.org/Shandongdogcull.php
    where you will find a sample letter of protest which can be faxed and emailed to the authorities in Shandong, as well as emailed to Government office in China and to your local Chinese embassy.

We know from experience that letter-writing campaigns can have a great impact on policy - working as a much-needed catalyst from which to open up dialogue between groups offering their help and the authorities in question. We believe that working together with local groups, academics and officials is imperative if we are to create lasting change. By gathering and translating information from international experts on responsible rabies reduction programmes which have been effective in other countries, together with enhancing and promoting the proven benefits of sharing our lives with companion animals (such as expanding our successful Dr. Dog animal therapy programme in China), we are confident that humane and effective solutions can be found.

Thank you so much for caring about our best friends in China and for joining the urgent call to help - together we can ensure that these brutal dog culls become a thing of the past.

Warm wishes,
    Jill
    Jill Robinson MBE
    Founder & CEO
    Animals Asia Foundation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It's pretty bad but Rabies is a horrible killer disease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'm getting really depressed about all these dogs being killed and tbh I don't think there is anything we can do really. At this stage I just don't want to think about it anymore.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

junkyard wrote:
    I'm getting really depressed about all these dogs being killed and tbh I don't think there is anything we can do really. At this stage I just don't want to think about it anymore.:(

I am with you

Advertisement