Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single Sales

Options
  • 07-08-2006 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all,

Anyone have any idea of how many singles a band would have to sell to get into the top 30 charts or the top 10 charts?

Thanks for any help/advice,
    Noel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Planning on buying your way into the charts?

single sales have fallen of drasticly espesaly in a small country like Ireland you need only very modest sales to get into the charts. I dont have exact figures but I recon 500 if even that would easaly get you top 30 but it can depends on where they are sold as the cart compilers only use certain stores as far as I know

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Do online sales on the likes of iTunes, etc be used also to compile charts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

byte wrote:
    Do online sales on the likes of iTunes, etc be used also to compile charts?
    Yes since the 1st June this year. See here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

downloads do apply but not with independent releases.. when a band releases and distributes their own stuff, just the sales in the record stores count. (the ones that charttrack complile their listings from, G Discs, Heartbeat City etc) A band earlier this year got to the top 10 with 700 sales

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

doesn't take much to get in. i recall a few years ago (and sales would have been higher then) working for an indie label we got a band into #5 by getting a bunch of people to go out and buy a bunch of copies of the single in various stores around dublin city.

probably shouldn't go into more detail :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement