Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Single Sales

• 07-08-2006 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all,

Anyone have any idea of how many singles a band would have to sell to get into the top 30 charts or the top 10 charts?

Thanks for any help/advice,
    Noel.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Not very many. I can get you some concrete numbers later, as friend sof mine released a single a week or two ago. They had a thousand copies printed the first week, and they came out at 11. Not sure how many of that 1000 they sold, but I could find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Hi Explosive_Cornflake,

Thanks for the reply. A friend of mine recorded a few songs a month or two ago. He has 3 songs recorded properly and Ray D'Arcy has been playing one of them regularly on his show so he asked my friend in to play a song of his and a cover song live on the show next wednesday. So now my friend is thinking of properly releasing the song as a single.

Yes please could you find out how many they sold or how many is needed. Also did you friend get the CD's pressed or do you know can you sell CDRs and still get into the charts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thinking of rigging the charts eh?

*"If I can get a thousand copies pressed an then distribute them though petrol stations at 2.99 then me and my mates can buy them all up and I'll be in the charts!"*

:D

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Thinking of rigging the charts eh?

*"If I can get a thousand copies pressed an then distribute them though petrol stations at 2.99 then me and my mates can buy them all up and I'll be in the charts!"*

:D

Mike.
    :D Nawh! but need to have some idea of how many sales are needed to get into the charts to make sure enough are made and have some idea of what to expect. But your idea sounds good too! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

They got them pressed I know. They released it themselves, but said it was a lot of effort, without a PR company, because it's hard to get out there, and onto playlists. Your friend must be good though, if he got called in.
    You aren't considered for downloads in the first week if you release it yourself.
    This is all what I've been told anyway. I'll get you some solid figures if see the C U Next Tuesday again (long story :) ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Does anybody know of a way to get your music distributed via downloads so that they actually register with IRMA or whoever is in charge of the charts?

sturgo wrote:
    Does anybody know of a way to get your music distributed via downloads so that they actually register with IRMA or whoever is in charge of the charts?
    If they are downloaded from Apple iTunes, Vodafone, Eircom, Sony Connect, Wippit or Bleep then they are recorded as being a sale for charts purposes.

Advertisement