Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football on tv

• 07-08-2006 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Seeing as I have no digital at home I was wondering if setanta sports will be showing any NFL this season. It turns into NASN (I think its that channel anyway) after midnight, does this mean there'll be matches shown live on setanta? Or do I have to settle for a now Williams-less CFL? Anyone have any info?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

NASN do not have the rights to live NFL matches. They are only available on Sky Sports and Five.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Although the NASN website states they're in discussions with the NFL regarding content. There's live games on the NFL network in the US this year for the frst time so it opens up another rights package (not sure of the times etc) and I presume one of the UK stations will try and get it. If NASN get it though its likely to be on their main channel rather than on NASN extra (the bit that's shown on Setanta) but who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Here is the Sky Sports Schedule for the opening few weekends

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,0-1025663,00.html

They are also going to have a preview show the week before the season kicks off

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,501-1232483,00.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Macka wrote:
    Seeing as I have no digital at home I was wondering if setanta sports will be showing any NFL this season. It turns into NASN (I think its that channel anyway) after midnight, does this mean there'll be matches shown live on setanta? Or do I have to settle for a now Williams-less CFL? Anyone have any info?
    If you want to watch em in a pub and live in Dublin Buskers in Temple Bar shows them and there's usually a good crowd there, the wool shed on parnell st next to the cinema also show them and I saw an ad saying that The Pembroke inn also does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Will there be highlights from all the matches show on Sky Sports? Or even non-live matches? I wanna watch all the Bears' matches! :p
    I can't seem to find it in any tv schedules. Ta.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Sky sports show an hour long review show every week. usually on 2-3 times a week. However its fairly ****.

Due it only being a hour they have to squeeze all the matches in. They only show the main scores of the match and thats it. it would be great if they had a proper 2 or even 3 hours show with decent highlights and discussion even.

NASN probaly have a decen review show actually, i dont have it though. And i aint willing to pay extra just for a review show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Yep, the highlight show does usually be on two or 3 time the following week and lasts for an hour. Think its on Friday and Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 njmurphy

Yahoo will be showing every game live on the web - might be worth a look at

http://sports.yahoo.com/nflgamepass/

Advertisement