Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girlfriend Problem

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Julesie

Fair play... a happy ending for the PI forum. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

OP 1 - 0 Vitriolic Gil
    :p

Well done OP. Glad you managed to work out a serious weakness of trust in your relationship, and with no more than a quick chat. It's good to see she's satisfied with your claim that you're not the jealous type, despite evidence that would suggest you're far from it. You obviously know each other better than would appear to the casual and impartial observer.....

The funny thing about asking strangers for anonymous advice is that you'll get it. And it'll be their honest opinion. Despite this, some people will always try to take the advice that supports a course of action upon which they've already set their minds. For me, I like to be called out on this every once in a while. It provides a valuable reality check when I start to stray. But you know what, some people like the cartoon network, others like the discovery channel. We each have a personal threshold when it comes to facing reality. I think I know where the OP's lies.

But hey, if he's happy, he's happy. PI has served its purpose once again. I've a warm fuzzy feeling now....Oh, I'm sorry, you'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel. Who? What? ;)

Gil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I would still be 100% absolutely sure that the other guy fancies your gf. He wouldn't be bothered texting her ( even out of boredom) unless he thought he had a chance.
    Her saying she felt 'sorry' for him is just a little too convenient. If you just felt sorry for someone and didn't feel much for them would you still send 14 msgs a day, every day? You might reply once or twice and then say you're busy.

Anyway that's my two cent, you know you're gf better than anyone and I say go with your gut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

OP:
    :-D
    Just like my situation!!
    PROOF that things aren't always black and white.
    Maybe the OP wasn't as evil as we all thought for checking the phonebill????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Good stuff OP.

Well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I would still be 100% absolutely sure that the other guy fancies your gf. He wouldn't be bothered texting her ( even out of boredom) unless he thought he had a chance.
    Her saying she felt 'sorry' for him is just a little too convenient. If you just felt sorry for someone and didn't feel much for them would you still send 14 msgs a day, every day? You might reply once or twice and then say you're busy.

Anyway that's my two cent, you know you're gf better than anyone and I say go with your gut.

Yep exactly what I think, obviously you know better but Id still be keeping my eyes on the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 remain unknown

right my ex did the same. She hid al lthe texts and calls she made and recieved to him. I asked her about it and she said he was just giving her advice. Theyve been friends for years, and slept together along time ago. It happened again, and I asked was there anything going on between them, and she laughed and said dont be silly. 2 weeks later she moved in with him with my kid, so unless u know ur gf is 100% honest, id be very careful. Obviously not everyr girl is like my ex, but just be careful. I hope for ur sake its totally innocent, and that u can build your relationship alot stronger :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

OK heres what happened:
    She continued to deny it even though I had proof, which pissed me of.!

hmnnnnn
    The she came straight and said she just feels sorry for him

Does anyone else find this sickenly patronising? Imagine how you would feel if someone were talking to you only because they felt sorry for you. How condescending can you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

oh come on the girl was just being nice to him, im sure there are plenty of guys and girls out there who dont have alot of friends, either due to social ineptness or whatever and when someone takes time out to be nice and talk to them well im sure they probably feel better! in no way is it patronising

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,465 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

hmnnnnn

Does anyone else find this sickenly patronising? Imagine how you would feel if someone were talking to you only because they felt sorry for you. How condescending can you get.

relax metro..it's part of human nature to feel sorry about things..at the end of the day if what the op says it's true it shows that she's a nice and caring person..isn't that the type of friend people want?

But when you say thats the ONLY reason your texting 14 times a day? I would feel like **** if I thought I was a charity case to someone I genuinely liked.

If you genuinely like them and want to text them then thats different, but when you do it just out of pity.... I dont know....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

well maybe thats how it started off but not she has been txting him so much she might see that he is a nice guy, does happen ya know!

Exactly. I suspect its more than pity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Procrastinator

Girl likes being the centre of attention, so ignore her behaviour.
    I get the feeling that she's enjoying the fact that you're annoyed, (very immatuure behaviour by the way); enjoying it in the sense that your jealousy, and she'll read it like that, makes her feel more wanted.
    Trust me, that's how women's minds work sometimes (plans within plans and complicated moves, like an escher graphic).

Anyway, give her less attention when she does this, and prasie what you do like...no kiddin' THIS PLAN WILL WORK.
    best of luck dude!

Advertisement