Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ICE Advice

Options
  • 07-08-2006 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Right folks,
    I'm after getting a car, and want to get a decent sound system for it. I don't really want a cd player in it, but I'm presuming that it's hard enough to get one nowadays that doesn't have one, much like camera phones. But I'll take a head unit with a cd player if it's cheap, or if it's hassle getting one without. It has to:
    a) sound good
    b) have radio
    c) play my MP3 player
    d)cds is an optional bonus, but I'm not going to pay much extra for that. Definitely not going for a cd changer.

It doesn't have to be the loudest thing in the world, I don't care at all for the looks of the head unit, and I'm mostly in to rock music, so don't need a lot of sound pressure for dance beats.
    What I really do want is one with a couple of spare RCA input connections at the back, which will have one of these coming out of it, poking out the side of the head unit, with a few feet hanging loose. This is going in to my MP3 player. I also want some way of charging the player, and hopefully not the messy way of using the cigarette lighter and a load of cables, hopefully just another cable coming out, like the 3.5mm jack.
    It's a bonus if the head unit has a decent amplifier integrated in to it, as I want to put in a sub and two tweeters. Not too sure yet about the component speakers yet, can be swayed a little. I'm looking at the pioneer DEH 30-MP at the minute, as it has an amp, and takes the MP3 input.

Any and all advice appreciated. What brands to go for and avoid, what shops, or online? I know a few guys who can install the ****, but can you recommend a fitter if they're not available (Galway based)? How much is too much to spend?

Advertisement