Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Help

Options
  • 07-08-2006 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I need some help here, I was looking at my credit card ttransactions online.
    I told them to cancel my card a few days ago until I was ready to resume the card, so they did this.
    Today though I am looking at the transactions and see this as the last transaction:

LST CREDIT TRANSFER €**** (* = Balance of all transactions) CR

What does that mean?
    Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I presume it means that you are €**** in credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I presume it means that you are €**** in credit.

What he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

No, that couldn't be.
    I thought along the same lines at first but you have to agree that would be a huge administration error on their part, and I dont think MBNA do that

No, that couldn't be.
    I thought along the same lines at first but you have to agree that would be a huge administration error on their part, and I dont think MBNA do that

I take it then that you haven't paid it off. Ring them on 1800409511 and ask. If it is a mistake then will eventually notice anyway so better to clear it up now.

Oh have no doubt about it I will be ringing them, however I want to wait to see what correspondence they send me to let me know that I have succesfully cancelled the card for the now.
    I pay them by direct debit anyway so I want to see if they take it or what are they going to do.
    I dont know how they managed to make a mistake like that.

Are we agreed so that they have made a bit of a mistake??

• Advertisement

Are we agreed so that they have made a bit of a mistake??

Probably. Maybe you have a secret benefactor! My account is always in credit but I do it myself. I love getting the statement telling how much they owe me. :D

My first statement with them was for €169. something.
    My second statement was nearly 2g.
    The whole of the second statement is made up of purchases while I was abroad so maybe they misunderstood what i meant when I was reporting it lost/ stolen.
    The girl seemed very helpful, maybe more helpful than I could have imagined.

But I have no doubt they will probably amend this at some stage, I think for now I will just sit on it because the balance outstanding is now the balance in credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I had to cancel my credit card due to fraud and the girl told me that any payments put through on it (unauthorized) online would still go through but they could refund them for me or something along those lines...the balance racks up but I'd say you're covered, you might have to engage in a lot of those awful phonecalls to the support staff though... :( sympathies

I have not heard from them since and nor have I contacted them, I checked it again last night. Its still there.
    I reported it lost/ stolen, she asked a couple of questions.
    I really thought that it would be a simple way to suspend the card for a while.
    However they seem to have credited back every transaction on this statement.
    ...................Unless they will transfer the balance onto some new card they issue me when I request to reactivate the account????

It would be a nice present though if it stays there, I mean then I wont have a balance to be debited from me account ;).

This doesn't normally happen though and I understand that.

Advertisement