Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uninstall Media Player 11 Beta ?

• 07-08-2006 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas how to do this ?

There's no uninstall option from the menu & it doesn't appear as an installed program from the control program add or remove programs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Theres no way to remove it apart from using System Restore to rollback to before you installed WMP 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Thanks - I've just received an email back from Microsoft Tech support pointing me to this page:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/readme.aspx

Looks as though I can roll back to Media player 10 - not straight forward though

Do you use System Restore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Does it not show up in Add/Remove Programs when you click the checkbox for 'Show Updates'?

I can't verify it atm but I assumed it would like the IE7 beta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,751 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I think there was a post the exact same as this last week.
    I posted a few links from the MS site but as Ruu pointed out, the system restore did the job for that particuliar instance......
    If you aint running system restore then you'll have to try follow the MS link.
    Kippy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

It turned out to be relatively painless - I didn't use system restore as I'd installed too much stuff subsequent to the Beta 11 install & couldn't be bothered to reinstall it all.

Took me about 10 minutes to roll back to Media 10 & all is well with the world.

Good stuff, I couldn't even get the damn thing installed properly. Will wait until its out of the beta stages and try again. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Advertisement