Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feeling low?

• 07-08-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Where to start.. well i'm also a long time poster, but shall stay annon for this. I'm usually the one to tell people to not give a toss, keep the head up etc, but these last few weeks i can't help but feel like shít myself.

I guess the main issue that's getting to me are friends, or lack there of. Now don't get me wrong, i do have friends. But sometimes i just wonder if anyone would care if i wasn't around. If an event were to be organised, i'd be the one to ask a friend to go, but i'm never asked to go by my friends if ya get my meaning. I have one good friend, have known him for years, but all my other ''friends'' are work'mates'. Who i don't see outside work other than work nights out.

Anyway, i guess i'm just feeling lonely, i broke up with my long term gf not too long ago, so there's just a gap there and i don't know how to fill it. I've nothing to do, i practically haven't left the house since friday cos i just have no where to go nor do i have anyone to go with. I'm just....lost.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Toblerown wrote:
    Anyway, i guess i'm just feeling lonely, i broke up with my long term gf not too long ago, so there's just a gap there and i don't know how to fill it.

Me thinks that this is the problem you need to solve? You need to finish grieving over her loss, then get out and live a little? Can you go on holiday anytime soon? Someplace fun? When you get back, then its time to start looking for that someone special. She's out there waiting for you.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Your depressed over the breakup and finding it hard to get motivated again. I bet you have noticed your not in contact with some of your mates that you had when you started going out with her.... why not fire them a text and see if they want to go for a pint. You need to leave the house even if there is no reason head into town or anywhere if even only for a look (Plenty of sweater meat on show these days so its something to look at) grab a coffee even if its by yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Me thinks that this is the problem you need to solve? You need to finish grieving over her loss, then get out and live a little? Can you go on holiday anytime soon? Someplace fun? When you get back, then its time to start looking for that someone special. She's out there waiting for you.;)
    Holiday's not really an option, just been away, haven't the money to go anywhere again this year, or this century for that matter:) I don't know where that special someone is though considering there are NO single girls in this damn country!!! haha ;)
    Asok wrote:
    Your depressed over the breakup and finding it hard to get motivated again. I bet you have noticed your not in contact with some of your mates that you had when you started going out with her.... why not fire them a text and see if they want to go for a pint. You need to leave the house even if there is no reason head into town or anywhere if even only for a look (Plenty of sweater meat on show these days so its something to look at) grab a coffee even if its by yourself.
    Nope, my friend issue stretches right back, no one i could possibly text really. Yeah, i suppose i should head off somewhere tho, i wouldn't know what to be doing with myself though and would probably find myself heading back home fairly fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Know exactly how you feel mate, had been going with a girl for four years. Ended up moving in together in college, but things started going downhill and I ended it a few months after. Then started seeing somebody else soon after and shes just ended it in the last two weeks also. I've been devistated since, also due to the fact that she's been really cruel and never thoughshe was like that. Lost alot of friends between the two break ups and now feeling very isolated. But I realised that is down to not making the effort with ur own friends when your with somebody. Its easy to just drift into their circles. The only answer is to get out,meet new people and make friends. Dont go looking for another relationship straight away as tempting as that might be. Just know things will work out, its not that end of the world and everybody goes through it at some stage.

Advertisement