Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Learner Drivers on Motorway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

you wont be pulled over for having L plates, you will have to do something else, ie speed or dangerous driving. then, they will also do you for the l plates

i have never had bad experiences on a motorway, well once i was overtaking a truck, doing 125Kph in the overtaking lane, a black northern reg BMW pulled up behind me and started beeping and flashin the lights for me to move in. I did so when i got by the truck

about 2 mile down the road, i saw him pulled in by the gardai

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.......or simply applied for a licence before the introduction of the driving test!
    Hagar wrote:
    There wouldn't be too many of them in fairness. AFAIK the driving test was introduced in 1964 so to be 17 then you would have been born in 1947 ie be 69 now.

I take it that mathematics is not your strong point Hagar :D (2006-1947=59)

There are probably hundreds of thousands of full licence holders out there who have never passed a test. Neither of my parents nor any of my older relatives have passed a driving test yet they all have full licences.

Advertisement