Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading under Business name - effect on banking etc.

Options
  • 07-08-2006 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

I run a limited company, call it ABC ltd. All my business accounts are in ABC ltd's name. I would like to register a business name and trade under this for a part of my business (i.e. ABC Ltd trading as XYZ is registered in Dublin......)

Do I have to change the company accounts, get new accounts? Can customers write cheques to XYZ? Can I invoice as XYZ? What about revenue, CRO etc.?

Any reply much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

bigred wrote:
    I run a limited company, call it ABC ltd. All my business accounts are in ABC ltd's name. I would like to register a business name and trade under this for a part of my business (i.e. ABC Ltd trading as XYZ is registered in Dublin......)

Do I have to change the company accounts, get new accounts? Can customers write cheques to XYZ? Can I invoice as XYZ? What about revenue, CRO etc.?

Any reply much appreciated

Firstly, you register the trading name with the CRO. It costs €12. I've done this myself for several names under my own Ltd. company.

AFAIK, you'll have to invoice under your Ltd. company name as that's the one you'll be registered for VAT under.

You'd still only be preparing one set of accounts per year for your limited company.

Give the CRO a call, and yer bank and yer accountant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 whateveryoulike

Advertisement