Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows PC Help

• 07-08-2006 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, need some help with work pc. I am a Mac user and I have no clue how to fnd what I am looking for.

I need to find out specs on my work pc as it is crawling and I need proof for my non-technical/thick boss that the RAM/processor is crap.

On a mac I just go to 'About this Mac'

Any help is great

- Ta v much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Start menu -> control panel -> system
    There.

Or, start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools-> System Information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Karoma wrote:
    Start menu -> control panel -> system
    There.

Or, start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools-> System Information

Thanks Karoma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you want more detailed information download Belarc Advisor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

Right click on taskbar at the bottom of the screen. Any empty area on the same level as the start button and select task manager.

third tab along the top will specify performance. How much in percentage of the processor and ram are being used at idle.

first tab is processes and this will specify how much each process or running program is using of the resources in the machine specifically cpu time.

System idle process indicates how much of the CPU is available. all other percentages under CPU indicate a program running taking up resources.

A lot of the resources of a machine can be taken up by spyware but have a look at what is using up the CPU and if you do not recognise the prog try google to i.d. it and confirm it is legit.

Most machines of P3 650 or there about will run office programes reasonably quickly but trust your instincts to a certain extent and try and find if there is a reason why your machine is slow.

start\run\msconfig will give you a list of what runs at startup and can be using up resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

start menu, run, then type "msinfo32". Also "dxdiag" can be handy.

Belarc advisor will give you the "meat and potatoes" too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement