Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lexsor LCD TV

• 07-08-2006 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

In a currys advertisement there is a Lexsor 32" HD READY LCD TV and dvd player for 890.22 EURO...

There is
    HDMI digital connectivity
    800:1 Contrast

Is this a good deal? HAs the HDMI...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

if anyone could adive me that would be great.....

Could anyone tell me whether this is worth it? it seems good for under 1000 and its a 32 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Ardent

My sister bought the 27" version recently. She's happy with it.

Yea actually saw 27 inch in currys yesterday, going back on saturday maybe to buy...

Has HDMI input, and 1280 x 1024 resolution i think.

Not sure about response time...

But on the hdmi input it says hdmi/dvi ...... sales guy said it was hdmi because dvi inputs are white, is this true?

Guy said samsung and lexsor have both good features and for the price difference there isnt much in it

• Advertisement

anyone have any experience with this tv or recommendations

anyone tell me whether this is worth buying? Please advise me:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Ardent

I've already told you it's a good TV, what more do you want? What the sales guy told you is all correct. As for HDMI, there are plenty of HDMI <--> DVI cables out there that will allow you to hook up your PC.

I just thought there might be more than one person who knows about it.... Was not just asking yourself. I wanted to know about the response time and refresh rate and more opinions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

look on their website.. they have two HD 32" lcd's. one has dvi and the other has hdmi. the one with hdmi is better as it has a higher screen resolution. i haven't heard much of this brand so i would be careful in regards servicing etc.. if it breaks and they dont have a repair centre in ireland, its gonna be a pain in the hole to get it fixed.

http://www.lexsor.com/hdtv.htm

see which one it is first that u are buying. go for the hdmi version if u can. dvi mightn't wok with that hdcp thing on the sky hd box.

moe

• Advertisement

I am actually looking at the 27 inches for 700 now. Problem is on the site the 27" one with the DVI is the same look as the one in currys except the one in currys has a HDMI.... The 27" with hdmi on the site is not the same model or look

DVI with HDCP or DVI is a white port right? I hope this HDMI port isnt just some mock up one with dvi behind it :)

cant find specs for currys one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Got one of these bad boys last night.Got it in currys and was sold by the amount of ports and the svelte look.

The only thing that worried me was as I browsed around Currys I coulndn't but help the amount of re-furbs they were selling off cheap.Is this a sign of things to come.Me thinks I'm gonna be marching back into Currys in two weeks with this tv waiting for it to be fixed.How and ever I'm happy with it so far.It has a HDMI connection,however I'm still in the dark about HDMI and its workings,thats why I came to this forum,to find out about it!

All in all it looks good,can't wait to hook the pc up to it,great thing about these lesser known models are the amount of extra ports.

Hope i helped you make a decision,go for it,if something happens to it,just bring i back to Currys and they'll either replace it or give you a voucher for the value,can't go too wrong.

P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

big_moe wrote:
    look on their website.. they have two HD 32" lcd's. one has dvi and the other has hdmi. the one with hdmi is better as it has a higher screen resolution. i haven't heard much of this brand so i would be careful in regards servicing etc.. if it breaks and they dont have a repair centre in ireland, its gonna be a pain in the hole to get it fixed.

Shouldn't have too many problems getting it serviced as they have their european headquarters in Ireland

http://www.lexsor.com/contactus.htm

European Headquarters

LEXSOR Electronics Ltd
    Springfield Industrial Estate, Youghal
    Co. Cork, Ireland
    Email: enquiries@lexsor.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

They are actually an Irish brand

Thanks paddylonglegs and scart for that info, thats pretty reassuring that they have their european base in Ireland. Let me know paddylongllegs if you happen to plug a hdmi device into it as I wanted to know what the picture is like with movement in hd. I have heard one or two problems with hdmi on it but the person was not sure whether the problem was the sky hd box or the tv.... so please provide any info if you can with hdmi on your own set

Sounds promising

Dubdani- have looked at all those sites and none of them match the criteria of the tv i am looking at as they are either different models and the dixons site only gives information about scarts, so maybe you dont know how to use google.

Tried emailing lexsor today, not sure if this is the reply but its from
    MDaemon@hollywoodsales.net

with message
    TVenquiries@hollywoodsales.net - no such user here.

There is no user by that name at this server.
    : Message contains [1] file attachments

there is an attachment too

Attachment : md75000013297.msg (< 0.01 MB)

but havent opened attachment, should i be weary about this reply as its not from original email address.. not sure if i should open attachement

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

shortys94 wrote:
    Tried emailing lexsor today, not sure if this is the reply but its from
    MDaemon@hollywoodsales.net

with message
    TVenquiries@hollywoodsales.net - no such user here.

There is no user by that name at this server.
    : Message contains [1] file attachments

there is an attachment too

Attachment : md75000013297.msg (< 0.01 MB)

but havent opened attachment, should i be weary about this reply as its not from original email address.. not sure if i should open attachement

MDaemon is a program which runs the clients email. You probably just got a an error message that you email bounced, The attachement is just your email

Yea your right,thanks for that. Got through to sales rep and he said he is gonna email specifications to me hopefully today. He said its Irish and they have dixons as their main supplier. He said its good quality. And the reason alot of the models on webistes say DVI is because their new range has been changed to HDMI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Dixons is the same as PCWorld and Curries (belong all to the same group), and it is def. that TV. I know because I just went into the branch and got the model number... if you want the 27' as mentioned before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement