Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results night - Where ye headin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Odd, agreeing with smemon isn't something I do much.

But football? Right, my night's sorted, in front of the tv I am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

grimloch wrote:
    I'm in two minds about this whole thing. If I go to town (Dublin), every club of worth will be packed to rafters and I'll have to put up with waiting half an hour for a drink and an hour to get my coat on the way out.

I'm quite tempted at this stage to give the two finger salute to the town idea and just go to a friends house armed with cans. It's not very exciting or indeed original, but it means I won't be spending half on my time in a pub/nightclub waiting to get served.
    Dat'd be way better than a club

cheap booze

ur mates

ur music of choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

Tramco. DO IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭xha1r

abetarrush wrote:
    TramCo!!!!???

Should be called ShamCo

Its fvckin SHlT

Don't blame Tramco for your lack of success with women.

xha1r wrote:
    Don't blame Tramco for your lack of success with women.
    wha you talkin about?

Its **** as in tiny dance floor, music isnt mixed, and its packed with 40 y/o guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

damn I hate tramco..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭c m

definitely going to barcode on lc night. drink promos all night aparently and its a class place

its 15 in

and Barcode is gone to hell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Johnner111 wrote:
    Sobriety is more popular than i thought! GO TEAM!

If your not gonna have a drink on the night of your results, your never gonna have a drink!!!!!

A more fitting time for celebration does not exist!!

what about your weddin day

or havin ur first kid

and ur 21st

Still, GWAN D FVCK

• Advertisement

abetarrush wrote:
    what about your weddin day

or havin ur first kid

and ur 21st

Still, GWAN D FVCK

As an 18 year old man, about the start the rest of his life in third level education, it is!!!11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Not sure if I'm going to Barcode or Tamango's (local). Some lad in my year was trying to get everyone to go to Barcode, but I'd much rather the latter option, Barcode has been so crap recently. But I'll follow the crowd, you have to (well, I do) see everyone that night. Can't believe some people wouldn't go out. Fair enough if you don't like going out or whatever, but if it's some protest about how little you care about results, then you're missing out.

I have to be at the airport at half 10 the next morning for LC holiday :) no sleep for me!

abetarrush wrote:
    its 15 in

and Barcode is gone to hell :(

Back in the day(about last november).It used to be respectable and not let the"commoners in".;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Johnner111

If your not gonna have a drink on the night of your results, your never gonna have a drink!!!!!

A more fitting time for celebration does not exist!!

Some of us don't need it to celebrate. Narrow minded opinon. Like drink is a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

I won't want to go out if my results are bad...I'm trying to persuade people to go out the night before, stay out all night and arrive at the school at 9 the next morning to get the results.

Dats just sad

ur gonna stay home and moan like a sap if ye dont get all honours

If you do bad ye've more reason t go out and drown your sorrows, undepressingly

pfft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

abetarrush wrote:
    If you do bad ye've more reason t go out and drown your sorrows, undepressingly

Yup that is what im plannin 2 do!! :D

Johnner111 wrote:
    Some of us don't need it to celebrate. Narrow minded opinon. Like drink is a big deal.

Nothing narrow minded, or "normal" about it! But going out on your results night and sipping water is a bit gay :p

PS: "opinion" is the correct spelling

Nothing narrow minded, or "normal" about it! But going out on your results night and sipping water is a bit gay :p

PS: "opinion" is the correct spelling

water, um, no. normal? no such thing. it is narrow minded because you expect everyone to do what everyone else does. that is tunnel vision, my friend :D if i (or anyone else who doesn't) wants to drink, they will! after all, it's only a beverage and it stirs so much **** (on so many levels) at times it's unbelievable!

PS: it's called a typographical error. :P

Johnner111 wrote:
    w it is narrow minded because you expect everyone to do what everyone else does. that is tunnel vision, my friend :D

That was my point :rolleyes: that nobody expects you to do anything, but not doing it for the sake of being different is stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Odd, agreeing with smemon isn't something I do much.

But football? Right, my night's sorted, in front of the tv I am!

yes indeed, at home is the place to watch football. i rarely go out to watch matches (unless im at them) and like to concentrate fully on the match from the comfort of my own home.

i dont see football an excuse to go out and get loaded, i take it seriously.

should we get slapped 3-0 or something, i'll certainly not be celebrating my own success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

smemon wrote:
    yes indeed, at home is the place to watch football. i rarely go out to watch matches (unless im at them) and like to concentrate fully on the match from the comfort of my own home.

Im the same, dont like going out to watch a match. But i'll make an exception on wed night.

That was my point :rolleyes: that nobody expects you to do anything, but not doing it for the sake of being different is stupid.

It's not to be different, it's just somethin i haven't bothered with... as yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

I won't want to go out if my results are bad...I'm trying to persuade people to go out the night before, stay out all night and arrive at the school at 9 the next morning to get the results.

That's actually a good idea, because there will be a few people with bad results on Wednesday who will take a while to get into session mode!

Well hopefully if I, or any of my friends aren't happy with their results they'll go home for a few hours and be depressed and then think 'F*CK IT LETS GET LOCKED I CAN ALWAYS REPEAT OR DO SOMETHING ELSE!'

I just want my results NOW GODDAMMIT! It's not like I'm totally sh*tting my knickers but the amount of dreams I'm after having about getting them is getting really annoying!

Hope for the best anyway and good luck all, if you don't do aswell as you'd hoped there's always other options! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Johnner111 wrote:
    It's not to be different, it's just somethin i haven't bothered with... as yet.

Everyone uses this excuse, its fun goddamit! it helps you to relax and enjoy yourself more, and in moderation its harmless

:| wrote:
    Everyone uses this excuse, its fun goddamit! it helps you to relax and enjoy yourself more, and in moderation its harmless

Tell it like it is !!!!!!!

:| wrote:

jeez don't get me wrong i'm all for a bit of harmless drinkin' - just because i don't do it myself doesn't mean i won't or don't advocate it - i'm all for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Just got a ticket for Barcode there on results night, wats this about barcode not being that great??
    regardless, I is gettin completely locked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

how much are the tickets 2 barcode? And do u jus go into westwood 2 buy em? thx

Advertisement