Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results night - Where ye headin?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

they're 15 euro

And yes, Barcode's gone t hell :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Why is Barcode gone to hell? I fully agree that it is, but I can't quite put my finger on why. Is it just me, or are there more and more under-18s every week? Is the dancefloor getting crapper? Is it filling up later and later?

Anyway, waaay off topic there.

My provisional plan:

8:45 - wake up, any earlier will make for a bad morning
    8.55 - leave, I live very close
    9.00 - w00t! and/or FCUK SAKE :(
    12.00 - down to the local, lunch with friends, drinking!
    14.00-18.00 - hang around the house, realising that all that fuss over the LC wasn't worth it
    18.00 - dinner+drinks with family
    19.00 - predrinks somewhere
    23.00 - nightclub
    2.30 - beach, knacker buzz!
    3.30 - stumbling home
    11.00 - wake up, regret whatever I did
    12.00 - pack, recover
    14.00 - leave for airport
    16.00 - fly to majorca, completely forget LC ever happened

I look forward to an interesting few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Johnner111

ah barcode, tis where i'm headed too... whatever about it going to hell, it was well and truly super on bank holiday sunday :D

Johnner111 wrote:
    ah barcode, tis where i'm headed too... whatever about it going to hell, it was well and truly super on bank holiday sunday :D
    yes, it WAS

I think its under new management. I usually recognise 90% of the staff, but last week only rec'd one barmaid and one bouncer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

i wish i was in dublin for results night..but unfortunately i'm gonna be in cork which is where i did my leaving! stupid cork!! actually, come to think about it, i might get an early flight back home so i can joing the rest of my friends in Rios

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Yes I got mine from Barcode, but i dnt know if itll be open durin the week. theyre 20 on the door.

Ya dont have to go to cork XchampagneX; just get 'em on the net(the results that is)

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

eamoss wrote:
    Ahh after I get my results I dunno wat im at. We were talking about going to play JJB soccerdome just to waste time!

But prob will be headin pub then after that to a nite club amber, silence or vicars(all 3 in Dundalk) but more than likey vicars!

u better be goin to vicars!!taidgh will need ya since staunton isnt going!!!get ur ticket ya **** head!!!!we have ours!!!its the 3 clubs in one again in vicars!!shud b a ****e but as long as were drunk and all together who cares!!we'll all b drowning our sorows neway!!lolol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

flynnser19 wrote:
    u better be goin to vicars!!taidgh will need ya since staunton isnt going!!!get ur ticket ya **** head!!!!we have ours!!!its the 3 clubs in one again in vicars!!shud b a ****e but as long as were drunk and all together who cares!!we'll all b drowning our sorows neway!!lolol

Yeah got my ticket today €10(was it not €15 for grad nite?) there was like 1000 ppl there on grad night you cudnt move I really hope its not the same but I know it will. Yup we WILL be drownin our sorrows and tryin not to think wat we are going to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭^CwAzY^

so barcode arent answering the phone dey must b closed :( hav 2 pay 20 quid in so..

abetarrush wrote:
    Anyone know any places n town doin special Results night parties?

So far I know Barcode is

Anywhere else?

Like the majority of people finished there leaving is usally 17 isnt it?

• Advertisement

Like the majority of people finished there leaving is usally 17 isnt it?
    Did u mean to quote me there????

Anyway, most LC grads are 17,18 & 19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Johnner111

abetarrush wrote:
    yes, it WAS

I think its under new management. I usually recognise 90% of the staff, but last week only rec'd one barmaid and one bouncer

yeah, i ain't been goin there too long but alot of my friends who are regs were sayin there were alotta new faces behind the bar (who apparently couldn't quite master the art of sex on the beach).

on the subject of barcode on results night (where i'm headed) - for those non-ticketeers, to clarify, u can pay €20 on the door on the night if u don't have a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Get the results at 9 or 10. If they're good I'll head home and give the news to the family. If they're bad, I'll text them and go on the beer. Either way, I'm getting wasted! Then Thursday it's "The Talk" about what I'll do in Spetember: College, PLC, Work etc.

I'm not overly bothered about what I got, seeing as I'm doing it at a young age and a lot of friends are in 5th year. So I've got a year to play around with.

I heard theyre 20 on the door, tho they might sell out, i dont know!!

I doubt many are 17 now and waiyting on results. I was by far the youngest in my year, turned 18 two weeks before the LC. Tho if ur in a school with no Trans. Yr. its possible that u cud be 17 and waiting on results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Tho if ur in a school with no Trans. Yr. its possible that u cud be 17 and waiting on results.

Yeah same on my school if we didnt do 4th year (TY) id say at most 10 ppl wud be 18 but I doubt I wud had troble getting in cos I got into the nite club for a full year when I was 17 even when my passport said I was 17!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

:| wrote:
    Everyone uses this excuse, its fun goddamit! it helps you to relax and enjoy yourself more, and in moderation its harmless

excuse? how is it and excuse and why would it be and excuse?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Was planning on going to a house party, but just got a phone call with a better idea. With the house party being all hard to get to/lack of taxi's etc..

Was planning on going to a house party, but just got a phone call with a better idea. With the house party being all hard to get to/lack of taxi's etc..
    whats the better idea?

:D Go into dublin and have a proper night out, and actually be able to get taxi/kip somewhere.

gwan d fvck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

eamoss wrote:
    Yeah got my ticket today €10(was it not €15 for grad nite?) there was like 1000 ppl there on grad night you cudnt move I really hope its not the same but I know it will. Yup we WILL be drownin our sorrows and tryin not to think wat we are going to do!

i kno i thot grad ntie was kinda ****e!!full of kids!!!im gettin a bit old for this vicars malarky!!lol!!it wont b as packed cos der nto lettin the kids in anymore!!!so none of the st.louis dickheads will be there thank god!!!!hate dem all lololol!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

so where are Cork people going tonight? The Savoy is closed tonight so everwhere will be extra packed. I think we'll head to the Brog in a couple of hours and then if I'm overruled and we Have to go clubbing, probably Redz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Redz in Cork was packed last night :eek: The place is usually empty. Agh it was terrible lining up outside took about a half an hour maybe more to actually get into the place and another 20 just to get served :p

I was in Redz in Dublin, great night :D

Any1 here go to barcode? I thought it was preety good. They could have fitted in another 500 tho IMO. And they ripped ya off with the drinks, €5.20 for a pint!!!! a friedn of mine got 2 shots and 2 pints of Fat Frog and paid nearly €30!

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Nehpets wrote:
    excuse? how is it and excuse and why would it be and excuse?:rolleyes:

Some people are actually afraid to do until they've tried it and seen that its a good thing.

basically don't knock it til you've tried it (before you say "you could say the same thing about drugs" drugs are harmful)

Advertisement