Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

half size

Options
  • 07-08-2006 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi,i have a small sized dell tower and i wanted to upgrade its graphics card BUT because it is a very small sized tower(also a side laying version). I am told i need a half size graphics card, i have been searching and i havent found a single thing. Is it possible for someone to help me in anyway either giving me a site to check or even an actual card you know of thank you for your time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I was looking at this before you need a low profile graphics card with a seperate half height plate. Your options are very limited in this regard.

Eg: this 6500 and this backing plate. Assuming you are using a Pci.ex slot and not a Agp/pci.

I was hoping that this 7300gs was compatible with the backing plate, but havn't got round to asking Komplett yet. If you find out please tell me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Tom mentioned in his other thread that he has an 845G series integrated graphics chipset so that means AGP port only. If you have an AGP port and the system only allows low profile cards then your options are quite limited.

Tom does the system have expansion ports that use the full size bracket like on this card* or does it have "true low profile" expansion ports like this one.

*That is a low profile AGP graphics card but unfortunately it's bracket is not. Here is another example.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

So we come back to the question of "Does it Fit?"

Advertisement