Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spraoi Weekend- all over til 2007

• 07-08-2006 8:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

And so the Spraoi is over for yet another year. I volunteered to be a stweard yesterday afternoon, spent the afternoon running around with my friend and fellow volunteer andrew getting absolutley soaked looking for bin bags to cover speakers and lifting the barrier things.
    I thought that the puppet show in the windows of sherwoods was excellent, as well as the spraoi drummers, and the Burundi drummers. I didn't really see anything else, but I heard great stuff about Trukitek and the dude on the unicycle.
    The parade was cool. As stweards we had to babysit gates until teh parade was over, then walk behind it...slight accident with a float and a spraoi person at the end, but it didn't wreck the mood completely as it was hidden from most of the crowd.
    Anyone elses thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This was the first Spraoi parade that I managed to see in years. My only regret is not being able to get Friday and Saturday off to experience the street acts etc. As for the parade, it was excellent. Plenty of diverse floats but I noticed that they had quite the penchant for forklifts - there must have been about 5 in the parade! The fireworks were spectacular and despite the long wait, provided tonnes of entertainment!

Can't wait for next year, but I reckon I'll be up to my eye balls in work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

As far as i can tell there werent as many street acts as usual, so dont be too dissappointed.
    Its a pitty about that girl that got injured . Resonant were told to stop playing, and we had to get the float to the end of the street very quickly so many people did not get to see them play which was a pitty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

As for the parade, it was excellent. Plenty of diverse floats but I noticed that they had quite the penchant for forklifts - there must have been about 5 in the parade! The fireworks were spectacular and despite the long wait, provided tonnes of entertainment!

Parade was excellent however I do have one point, they could have decorated the fork lifts more or done something with some of them, but other then that it was top class :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

This was the first Spraoi I wasn't working for Spraoi in years. Good all the same though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Hats off to all the volunteers especially, top quality stuff as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭meldrew

Top quality stuff as always , only thing that let the city down was the amount of drunken teenagers all over the streets , but Spraoi had no control over that . but overall the atmosphere around the place was great considering the result in the match earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I only voluntered on the Sunday, and as we were walking out a thing was put over the radios to take the spraoi volunteer shirts off anyone who was seen drinking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

As to be expected. Too many people sign up for Spraoi on the parade just for the t-shirts and get pissed.

It gives Spraoi a bad name to have their volunteers seen drinking, espec as a lot of them are volunteers.

Edit: Didn't mean for that so sound as moany as it does. :)

Advertisement