Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Telling a guy you like him

• 07-08-2006 8:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hope some ladz can answer

if a girl you liked as a mate but weren't really interested in, told you she fancied u, what would you think and how would you react?

Would you feel different depending on where you were socially? Would you consider it acceptable for a girl to do this in a pub/night club.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I don't know, its fairly dangerious if you are mates already. I'm not talking from experience, prob never will either tbh! but if my female friend were to come up to me and say she fancied me i would die, it would be fairly hard to take in for me anyways.
    Thats how i would react anyways, depends how much mates you are like.
    It would prob prefer to hear it in a pub/night club because you can pretend it didn't happen then. And if id fancy her back then id continue the conversation after the pub.

Am i making sense here, i'm fairly tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I agree with the monkey. Have a pint, and do it in the pub, and you can say you were drunk if he says no.

Personally, I wouldn't know how I'd react. There's "friend", and then there's "mate", tbh. One you've known for ages, and one that you know slightly. Also, one you may like to go out with, and one you'd run a mile from, and break off all contact with. It depends on many little (and big) things, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I'm in the situation where I like a friend of mine too. Thing is though, neither of us drink that much that you could use the drunk excuse. That's why I don't really know what to do. We are both fairly quiet when it comes to this kinda stuff so I can't even imagine how he would react... I don't know whether I should organise to meet up with him and just tell him or tell him on a night out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sorry not sure what the equitte is, but i have a related question.... is it ok to post it here?

What do you do when one of your friends of years is "sort of" coming on to you... not blatantly but definatley something which you could construe as such...certainly not behavour normal to our friendship ... which i should point out is over 5 yrear old! I dont know whether to broach the subject or not... maybe it was a drunken mistake on his part.... I would just never cross the line with friends... or at least if i did i would mean it... we are quite close .... my question i suppose it... do guys just accidently do this or did he mean it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Wel, thats a tough question tbh, but heres my two cents......

If a female friend told me she liked me, I think that i'd prefer it to be done over text or MSN or something like that because, it would allow me to get over the shock and hide any signs of the shock from the girl! Especially, if she was a close friend!

That said, I think most of us have already decided weather or not we fancy our friends and weather we would ever go out with them or not! So, it shouldn't be a huge decision nor should it matter where/how you tell him!

I dunno if this even makes sense, but sure good luck and I hope it works out well!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

is your friend a confident guy? does he find it easy to chat up/come on to girls? if so, then he would already have tried it on with you, if he were interested. if he is the shy type, then you may still have a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Completely depends on your relationship - how long you've been friends, how close you are.

There is always the risk of damaging your friendship if he doesnt feel the same, but again this depends on both of you and how you'll act afterwards. If you're both mature enough then your friendship should survive.

You should go for it. Ya never know, he might be feeling the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 lostone

It really depends on the guy...I wouldnt avoid a girl who told me that whom i was good friends or just kinda friends with and didtn feel the same way about...i would simply explain nicely how i like it how it is and dont really wanna ruin the friendship or anything...i dunno but if hes a true friend it wont make a real difference...tell him...he should if hes mature either like you back...or be nice about it and you can drop it and move on...:D good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

Unregstred wrote:
    if a girl you liked as a mate but weren't really interested in, told you she fancied u, what would you think and how would you react?

This is a personal issue for you? Jeebus the things people worry about these days.

It doesnt matter a monkeys what we think does it? What do you think?

You might think

a) She is a really good mate so no go
    b) She is a really good mate and although not relationship material I might like to shag her
    c) I might just give the whole going out thing a try

Either way, debate the odds with yourself. We are not going to be able to answer this one for you.

K-

Advertisement