Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can i using a 64mb graphics

Options
  • 07-08-2006 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hi, can someone tell me if they no if it is possible to be able to play fairly high quality games using a dell standard 64mb graphics card even if it means having to use the game in low quality. (Are there differences between playing an internet game to a disc loaded game when it come to this graphic card problem) if it actually means anything at all i have 712mb of memory thanks for your time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What kind of processor have you got? I'm afraid chances of you playing any of the modern games are slim to none, even on the lowest settings. Any idea if your graphics card is a PCI or AGP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tom mears

all i no it is, is a intel 82845g graphic card and from what i ust found i believe it is AGP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

It's unlikely your PC will be able to handle any of the latest games even on low settings. The '712mb of memory' makes it sound like it has onboard graphics with shared video memory. If this is the case you're definitely out of look.

Post up the Dell model number, CPU speed and if you can find the information in the Display properties the graphics card type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

tom mears wrote:
    all i no it is, is a intel 82845g graphic card
    That confirms my suspicions above. Onboard graphics will be useless for any recent games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

tom mears wrote:
    all i no it is, is a intel 82845g graphic card and from what i ust found i believe it is AGP

As leeroybrown said, I'm afraid its not going to happen. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tom mears

oh that's a shame because as you may have seen on my other thread ill be needing a smaller "low profile" card can you help me at all (sorry if you have im gunna check other thread in a moment)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

ye tom mears ive that exact same crap onboard card .. :)

i bearly get away with some of the games i play like enemy territory..

i would have upgraded by now if i had an agp or pci -e port but i dont..so you wanna make sure you got one of them ports before you buy any thing..cause most onboard gfx computers dont i dont think..

Advertisement