Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First car

Options
  • 07-08-2006 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

hi guys, really need some opinion
    Basically I'm looking to get a car soon..
    needless to say, it'll be the first car..
    I prefer a smaller car.. basically in the hatchback range but not too small such that it's in the Aygo range..

Engine range idealy should be in 1.2, 1.3 or 1.4 due to insurance..
    I don't think mileage really concerns me as much..
    Price range that I can afford is about 10K.. 12K would be stretching it..

My option seems to be:
    Renault Clio
    VW Golf (MK5 is too expensive but MK4 is fine)
    Toyota Corolla (Slightly too expensive)
    Peugeot 206 (Unlikely - Kinda more of a woman's car IMO)

What do you guys think?? Which should I go for?
    Is there any boardie that own one of those car and can give a quick review of what they think?

I think I have my heart set on the clio despite thinking the car is slightly smaller than all of the above.. but that help scoring some points when it comes to parking right?

At the moment I found a 02 clio, 55K miles, showroom condt, 1.2, usualy airbag e/w etc for 6950EUR

Any opinion welcome.. Sorry about the long thread

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Comments

Advertisement