Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Website

Options
  • 07-08-2006 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Hi, I currently have a website called www.wexfordsupporters.com, its basically just a cheap discussion board about Wexford GAA, I know you will all probbaly laugh at a phpBB but it does what we want it to. But what I want to do now is have more than just a discussion forum, I'd like to have a homepage giving links to results, fixtures, match reports, etc. Basically what I'd like is something similar to this, www.kilkennycats.com, which is a website about Kilkenny GAA so its in the same niche as my website. I'm wondering about how to create these extra pages with a link to the current discussion forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

I'm a complete n00b at computer things, so please don't talk all computery with me because its like a foreign language to me!

By the way I really didn't know where to post this so sorry in advance if its in the wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You probably want something like this:
    http://www.vbadvanced.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Seohelp

A Wexford supporter trying to emulate a Kilkenny achievement. It's just like the championship :D

To be honest Ciaran, I really do like your forum. Admittedly the Cats forum has all the bells and whistles on it, but your site has a very nice look and straightforward layout.

Blacknight has given you a great link to follow. I guess you'll have another 9 months to develop the site till ye meet Offaly and Kilkenny again in 2007. ;)

Best of luck with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

CoolCiaran wrote:
    Hi, I currently have a website called www.wexfordsupporters.com, its basically just a cheap discussion board about Wexford GAA, I know you will all probbaly laugh at a phpBB but it does what we want it to. But what I want to do now is have more than just a discussion forum, I'd like to have a homepage giving links to results, fixtures, match reports, etc. Basically what I'd like is something similar to this, www.kilkennycats.com, which is a website about Kilkenny GAA so its in the same niche as my website. I'm wondering about how to create these extra pages with a link to the current discussion forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

I'm a complete n00b at computer things, so please don't talk all computery with me because its like a foreign language to me!

By the way I really didn't know where to post this so sorry in advance if its in the wrong forum.
    `
    kilkennycats.com uses phpBB too. There aea lot of plugins available for phpBB if you look around. e.g. the calendar on the site is from http://www.snailsource.com/scripts/index.html, the links to the discussion board on the front page is a phpbb2 mod. A list of all the mods can be found at http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/catdb.php?cat=51

Advertisement