Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charity big band musicians needed (some pay)

Options
  • 08-08-2006 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

I am looking for musicians - alto sax, tenor sax, trumpet, trombone, guitar, piano, keyboards (an ability to read tricky chords or read music is crucial)- who are interested in joining me in a big band that will perform to raise money for charity. All profits will go to charity after overheads have been paid, this will include a small basic payment for the big band musicians for their time. The emphasis however is on the social experience and enjoying playing in a big band whilst giving to those who are needy. The project will be based in Newbridge Co. Kildare which is easily accessible by road, rail and bus. If you are interested in giving your time in a worthwhile way please reply!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭HusseinSarhan

vthorpe wrote:
    I am looking for musicians - alto sax, tenor sax, trumpet, trombone, guitar, piano, keyboards (an ability to read tricky chords or read music is crucial)- who are interested in joining me in a big band that will perform to raise money for charity. All profits will go to charity after overheads have been paid, this will include a small basic payment for the big band musicians for their time. The emphasis however is on the social experience and enjoying playing in a big band whilst giving to those who are needy. The project will be based in Newbridge Co. Kildare which is easily accessible by road, rail and bus. If you are interested in giving your time in a worthwhile way please reply!

Might be interested but need more info really. When is it on? What charity is involved? Where is the venue? How long will the gig be? Will there be amps supplied for the guitarist? Is it going to be black tie? Can I get hold of the chord charts a decent time before the event?

It sounds like a great time but I'm going to be abroad a bit soon so I can't say 100% if I'd be available.

I presume it's going to be Rat Pack type stuff.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

This should really just have been posted in Bands/Musicians and I was going to move it there but I see you have a thread there already.

So I'm locking this so people can still see it and can get to the relevant thread through this link.

Good luck in your endevours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement