Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Practice of making old forums inaccessable.

Options
  • 08-08-2006 8:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Is there a reason behing making forums that have been made "inactive" unreadable?

If its not too much hassle it would be nice if these boards were still accessible.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Such as.... what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I don't see any reason why they should be left to be accessible, forums that have no posts at all in x amount of years aren't much good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Why not have them available for viewing? Someone might want information thats available on the closed forum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Indeed, I like the IRC sticky and some threads in there, it's handy for me helping people set up IRC.

I think it would be good to be able to read it and whatever else gets closed..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you had access to the forum before you should be able to still view it. You just can't list the inaccessible forums.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I assumed that is what he meant. The Irish Jedi Council etc can still be read, IRC is not accessable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Yup, inactive forums are unreadable as such, and probably should remain searcgable and viewable.

When other events have settled down we will fix that.

Vex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Sweet. Thanks.

Advertisement