Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RedBox re-opening?

• 08-08-2006 10:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

Just looking at Jurassic 5's myspace page and it says this :

Sep 23 2006 8:00PM Red Box Dublin, Ireland

I knew the RedBox was closed for renovations but i havent heard a date for when it re-opens. Anyone more clued in then me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Unsure when its opening, but heard its gonna be less of a night club and more of a vicar street style venue. I walk by it every day, they've been renovating it for a good 4 or 5 months now, but there's still a lot of hoarding up, so theres a good bit of work to be done yet by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 halo1

The Redbox re-opens on September 18th, but I think it's just for VIP's that night.

I think it officially opens that Friday, the 22nd.

The club can only hold 300. But the purpose of the venue is to accommodate bands that could sell out Vicar Street but not the Point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I think it's Redbox = RIP folks Mr Reynolds it seems doesn't really want it as a dance club anymore,had some great nites there back in the 1990's ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

yea, its gonna be called Tripod now anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Subc

They've been working on it for over a year now, not 5month lol

The date kept on getting pushed back to re open it. Went there only once to see Carl Cox, was great fun but bands and 300 people max pffff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Yeah surely he meant 3000 (though Id doubt it would have that capacity)? Acts that cant pack out the Point usually play Marley Park or RDS.

Being 19 only made it to the box 3 or 4 odd times, it was a grand old place. I cant imagine theyre holding a VIP party for something that isnt a nightclub, Id say the box will be back as a club. Dublins a growing city, and every day a new busload full of crazy raveheads arrives from Poland, not reopening this as a club would be business suicide given the amount of cash they must have put in to doing it up again. Dublin already has too many live music venues as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Lord rest the "old" redbox! With the proper balcony and all (sniff, sniff)....

Goin to see Digweed or Sasha religiously there around 99/00, god im feeling 26 now.....

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

From their website:

Dublin's newest live music venue opens it's doors this September. Three venue spaces in one. 1350 capacity live venue, 300 capacity bar & 300 capacity club. State of the art Funktion One sound system and balcony seating with private booths.

Advertisement