Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands Superbowl.

• 08-08-2006 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

If ye are interested in seeing American Football being played in IReland then the Shamrock Bowl (the nearest Ireland has to the Superbowl) is on in Dublin on the 20th August. Its starts at 2pm in the Sports Link in Santry. Its between the UL Vikings and the Dublin Rebels and should be a good laugh, the Rebels are defending their title while this is the first time in over 5 years that the Vikings have gotten to the final so it should be a good game. Hope some of ye can make it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

The Rebels won the last three Bowls, thats pretty crazy. Time was it was the Kights and Rebels who were the best teams in the league, but looking at who has the last three bowls its become clear that the rebels are the top team in Ireland. Go Rebels!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Kernunos

Boo Rebels. Up the Underdogs!!! Vikings For The Bowl!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

go vikings!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thesweeney

Ireland has american football??? Mad! Sounds like great fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

edit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

thesweeney wrote:
    Ireland has american football??? Mad! Sounds like great fun
    Yep, eight teams this year, hopefully 12 next year (although i think 10 is more likely). Full details are available at www.iafl.info if you've any interest in playing. Or pm me if you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 geoff_nfl

does d match start at 2 or wat?????? wat time it on till????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Kickoff at 2, probably run till 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 geoff_nfl

kool man sounds good i defo be der!!!! ne predictions on who gonna win even tho i d rebels 1 it lik loadsa times b4!?!?!!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

geoff_nfl wrote:
    kool man sounds good i defo be der!!!! ne predictions on who gonna win even tho i d rebels 1 it lik loadsa times b4!?!?!!?!?

No offence or anything but that is one of the worst posts i have ever seen, i had to re-read it like 4 times to make sense of it...

P.S. Sorry for being slightly off topic...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

dulpit wrote:
    No offence or anything but that is one of the worst posts i have ever seen, i had to re-read it like 4 times to make sense of it...

P.S. Sorry for being slightly off topic...

I share your pain, some of us are still to adapt fully to the world of text speak. Shakespeare would be turning in his grave:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Rebels won 44-12. This 5th trophy marks the rebels as the most successful club in Irish history, and 4 in a row is a new record aswell.

It was a good game, despite the score UL never stopped trying, managing to score their 2nd TD late in the game.

Advertisement