Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boys...your opinion pls!

Options
  • 08-08-2006 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hiya, ok want your opinion...

A 21yr old female currently driving a Punto (i know i know dont slag its bad enough already!) anyway loves cars, loves fast cars but hates the typical girls car what can you suggest? Changing cars by the end of september i hope, was looking at an MR2 (nice huh... MR2.jpg)
    open to suggestions!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Depends on how much you want to spend, how much your insurance will be etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Froggie101 wrote:
    Hiya, ok want your opinion...

A 21yr old female currently driving a Punto (i know i know dont slag its bad enough already!) anyway loves cars, loves fast cars but hates the typical girls car what can you suggest? Changing cars by the end of september i hope, was looking at an MR2 (nice huh... MR2.jpg)
    open to suggestions!

MR2's are nice, and decent to drive & perform.
    That one is NOT nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Froggie101

ive a full licence so insurance isnt an issue,was quoted only 700 on the MR2! Well was thinkin €7000 max!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Many cars you can get for that price.

Levin
    MR2
    Civic/Integra

yea was lookin at a Levin, was considering importing one from Japan! But dont know whether it worth the trouble! Sick of civics and integras every second fool has one down here,id like some less common! a little fussy i know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

700 euro its makes you sick!!!!!!Import a supra from England... there are a few turbo ones selling for about 4.5k sterling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

A Yaris deffo;)

Maybe something like an old Triumph or a Morgan? They've got retro-coolness and are reasonably high performance.

Froggie101 wrote:
    yea was lookin at a Levin, was considering importing one from Japan! But dont know whether it worth the trouble! Sick of civics and integras every second fool has one down here,id like some less common! a little fussy i know!

They ain't that much trouble!! Just but one already in the country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

MX5 all the way.

A Yaris deffo;)

Wudnt drive one if you paid me!

Yea actually Mx 5 are ok,still look more like a womans car tho! My BF drives a civic 1.6 i think Vtech,lovely to drive but they look horrible! Changing to a subaru impreza 1.6 which i plan on robbing til i change my own!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Supra or a Celica - great cars, can't go wrong. MR2 aint the best in my opinion.

what i really want is...GT.JPG

What a beast!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

an evo.

yes guys supra and Evo gorgeous cars,but as a said a budget of Max €7000, but ideally id like to spend less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

7K won't get you much, espically something unusual/nice, you'll get better value importing, and i'd guess your trying to keep the engine down enough for insurance reasons.
    Like someone said earlier how about a Yaris!! at least it should be in your budget

Noelie wrote:
    7K won't get you much, espically something unusual/nice, you'll get better value importing, and i'd guess your trying to keep the engine down enough for insurance reasons.
    Like someone said earlier how about a Yaris!! at least it should be in your budget

is that you trying to make a joke, jesus im a woman and i know more bout whats on the market! Doesnt have to be unusual smart ass just not a bloody civic half the countries boy racers have them, like the stupid Glanzas!

So what do you drive then?!
    If you've got nothing constructive to say then get lost!

Froggie

Want you need is one of these

I love them, beats the Supra any day in my opinion

www.pistonheads.com/sales/91721.htm

kluivert wrote:

I love it! but how much wud it cost by the time you pay VRT and all on that?
    Was jst lookin at this:
    http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=458066

Very nice.

It says endless amount of receipts.

Does a Jap import come with Receipts, I thought you got the auction report and thats all.

I would go with a Celcia personally over the MR2 although when you drive the MR2 its very hard to get out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

pink-car-k.jpg
    :p;)

• Advertisement

If you really want an MR2 you will get one cheap... but there are nicer cars out there!

MR2 and another here

Oh your so funny El Tel!

steve06 your MR2 link didnt work. Yea saw an MR2 in the garage where my dad works and jst fell in love with it! There very hard on juice tho arent they?! Worth it tho!

Froggie101 wrote:
    steve06 your MR2 link didnt work. Yea saw an MR2 in the garage where my dad works and jst fell in love with it! There very hard on juice tho arent they?! Worth it tho!
    links work for me

im in work they came up restricted! you sure its cars!

Froggie101 wrote:
    im in work they came up restricted! you sure its cars!
    cars, oh I thought you said sex toys... hehe, ye they're cars, on ebay so that's probably why they're restricted...

this is nice... black MR2

this is way OTT... Mod MR2

steve06 wrote:
    this is nice... black MR2

this is way OTT... Mod MR2

there restricted too, damn it anyway!

• Advertisement

You guys are reccomending a supra to a 21 year old girl!
    What about:
    * High Insurance
    * Running Costs
    * Servicing costs
    * Parts
    * High Tax
    * High cost for very relativly old cars.

Advertisement