Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Boys...your opinion pls!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Froggie101

I love the GT4,very nice! the other one is nice too but def prefer the GT4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Its not about the money....

Her dad works in a garage she said.

A practice performance car.

Ford Carpi.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/90353.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

And now for something completely different:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=404316

deffo no Civic :D

ronoc wrote:
    You guys are reccomending a supra to a 21 year old girl!
    What about:
    * High Insurance
    * Running Costs
    * Servicing costs
    * Parts
    * High Tax
    * High cost for very relativly old cars.

Thanks for your concern but i know better than that, its a nice idea but a supra is out of the question! Insurance isnt really a big deal its quite cheap on everything now iv my full licence, and servicing and parts arent really a problem not to sound like a daddys girl bcoz im not (wish i bloody was!!) but thats what dads are for so handy when they work with cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Honda CRX cant beat them either.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/90970.htm

• Advertisement

kluivert wrote:
    Honda CRX cant beat them either.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/90970.htm

wow,that is nice!

just lookin on the Auto Trader website a 97 for €9900, guys stop tempting me! If i wasnt still in college id be sorted!

Froggie101 wrote:
    Insurance isnt really a big deal its quite cheap on everything now iv my full licence

It won't be cheap on a supra!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I totally forgot about the CRX - an all time fav of mine, I really wanted one but Quinn wouldn't insure me on it, so I got my Celica 190 and they insured me on that - more power, a lot newer, dunno what the prob was with the CRX.... but froggie, here's a tip - don't use Autotrader, they have hardly any cars compared to Carzone... here's the list & you can easily afford one..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

What about a Fiat Coupe or an Alfa GTV if you want good looks.

Do people really think the Suburo is a nice looking car? I know they are great to drive and all, but the styling is terrible!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

have you considered an Fto,
    http://abstyling.co.uk/bodykits/images/mitsubishi/fto_1.jpg

i was looking a few a while back and they're a lovely car, would have bought one and all but could'nt get insurance cover, pretty much because it's only got two seats and apparently 2 seats = fast.
    You could pick up a 95 , 96 for about 5000- 6000, i think there was one for sale on adverts a while back too

In the end i bought a 1.8 Integra same as power as the fto but for some reason they had no problem with it,
    It's a great car as well if it wasnt for all the boy racers who drive them however i still see a few fto's pass by and wish i had one,

prospect wrote:
    4 owners, 140k miles, NCT this month - I'd wait to see if it passed - but that still wouldn't mean much

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

A genuine E30 M3 would be nice, not sure if you could get one within budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

have you considered an Fto,
    http://abstyling.co.uk/bodykits/images/mitsubishi/fto_1.jpg

i was looking a few a while back and they're a lovely car, would have bought one and all but could'nt get insurance cover, pretty much because it's only got two seats and apparently 2 seats = fast.
    You could pick up a 95 , 96 for about 5000- 6000, i think there was one for sale on adverts a while back too

In the end i bought a 1.8 Integra same as power as the fto but for some reason they had no problem with it,
    It's a great car as well if it wasnt for all the boy racers who drive them however i still see a few fto's pass by and wish i had one,
    they actually are a bit sluggish compared to celica's or MR2s

Fey, you think that Mileage has been tampered with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I think you need to go and test drive a few and narrow your list down a bit before ultimatley deciding !

An MX5 is cheap and cheerful and lots of fun in the sun, I'd strongly recommend you drive one topless !

(I mean with the car topless ! :O )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

steve06 wrote:
    4 owners, 140k miles, NCT this month - I'd wait to see if it passed - but that still wouldn't mean much

I was referring to the make/model/type of car, rather than the particular one shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

steve06 wrote:
    Fey, you think that Mileage has been tampered with?

I didn't even think about it. The leather/carpet/pedals/etc seem to be in very good shape and not worn, so I doubt it.

Hard to know without seeing the car in the flesh, though. HPI check, possibly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

Froggie101 wrote:
    is that you trying to make a joke, jesus im a woman and i know more bout whats on the market! Doesnt have to be unusual smart ass just not a bloody civic half the countries boy racers have them, like the stupid Glanzas!

So what do you drive then?!
    If you've got nothing constructive to say then get lost!

All i was pointing out was 7K isn't much in ireland for a nice car, my GF bought a new punto and it cost 11K, perhaps like i said look at importing as you'll get better value up the north or over in england.
    I wouldn't go for a MR2 as they are the new civic, was at hifi the weekend and the amount of Mr2's was a little astonishing. and a MR2 thats trying to disguise itself as a Viper is quite funny.

A Impreza 1.6 isn't much of a car my brohter has one and i wouldn't rate it, its basically a impreza for some who can't afford one. with your cash i'd go for Celica,fto, or MX5, like you said MX5's are kind of girly looking but still a great car.out of those three i'd like FTO the most

I drive a bike as my balls add too much onto the cost of insurance.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

TCP/IP wrote:
    I could get you a 97 for 6k

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

what about this. lower any 200sx and you have truly charismatic motor. if you get a 200sx and avoid a silvia, the vrt is an absolute joke. plus a trip to the uk for a car is always an adverture. i've just cleared my '92 325i. RWD fun, jap reliability, not so common sports coupe???

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/90188.htm

Noelie wrote:
    A Impreza 1.6 isn't much of a car my brohter has one and i wouldn't rate it, its basically a impreza for some who can't afford one.

Well its a 2000 and hes getting it for €6200,so id rate that with the instant profit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Forget the alleged 'girlie image' of the MX-5. It's not because most MX5 owners are female and just potter about in them once in a blue moon when it's above 25 deg.C and biscuit-tin blue sky, that the pedigree and sporting capacities just vanish in the ether. Many a guy in various Beemers, GTIs, Civics, Integras and even an Elise or two have eaten my dust over the years: it ain't the car, it's what it's got and how you use it :)

Find yourself a MX-5 Mk1 (pre-April 98) with a 1.6 Turbo (rare overall) or 1.8 (more common in UK), both within your budget, and I can promise you that there is absolutely nothing girly about it whatsoever: RWD, 135 mph, enough poke to scare yourself witless at 21, and will leave the Civics brigade eating dust any day. Not to mention they're built like panzers, convertible and cheap to run and insure.

It might even put some hair on your chest once you actually drive it on the wet ;)

ambro25 wrote:
    It might even put some hair on your chest once you actually drive it on the wet ;)

Oh id have no problem driving it on, believe me!:p

Advertisement