Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Don't Love Digiweb.........Anymore

Options
  • 08-08-2006 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭

I've just noticed that they've been billing me twice for the last four months. When I was living in Balbriggan I was using their service. In preperation for moving into the city centre, I asked them to connect me in the new apartment. They said they had to cancel the service in Balbriggan in order to do this, so no problem I told them to go ahead and do that.

I've just noticed on online banking that they billed me twice in one day, so going back through the invoices they've been billing me for my current place and my supposedly cancelled Balbriggan account. It annoys me because I kept the emails for their sales agent telling they have to cancel one place to connect the other.

I rang them up and it was like, 'Oh right, we'll send you out a cheque so'. I didn't have to go into any major detail or argue with them. It was almost like they've had this happen many other times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭dam099

eo980 wrote:
    I rang them up and it was like, 'Oh right, we'll send you out a cheque so'. I didn't have to go into any major detail or argue with them. It was almost like they've had this happen many other times.

Thats one interpretation, maybe it's just their Customer Support are more accomodating than one might expect based on other ISP's. Perhaps their system showed them clearly they had made a mistake so why argue? TBH while annoying mistakes do happen in life is it not better they rectify it quickly and without giving you grief than deny the problem even exists like other well known ISP's would have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

eo980 wrote:
    I've just noticed that they've been billing me twice for the last four months. When I was living in Balbriggan I was using their service. In preperation for moving into the city centre, I asked them to connect me in the new apartment. They said they had to cancel the service in Balbriggan in order to do this, so no problem I told them to go ahead and do that.

I've just noticed on online banking that they billed me twice in one day, so going back through the invoices they've been billing me for my current place and my supposedly cancelled Balbriggan account. It annoys me because I kept the emails for their sales agent telling they have to cancel one place to connect the other.

why dont you like them?

they made a mistake and are paying you back, without question?

were you looking for a BT style debacle?

christ, ye should be thankful

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

They never told me they made a mistake. I only found it out by chance going through the invoices. They double billed me for FOUR months and would have continued had I not said anything.

Getting them to cancel the service and my phone line in Balbriggan was a major thing orchastrated by them so they could provide me with the service in the city centre. You would think after making such a big affair of it, that they actually would turn off the service in Balbriggan.

What exactly should I be thankful for?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

eo980 wrote:
    What exactly should I be thankful for?

Your description makes Digiweb sound like saints.

Seriously you should go and read some of the threads about BT. Digiweb made a mistake and once pointed out corrected it with no argument. That is pretty much as good as you can get with customer service.

As for why they didn't notice the mistake, well I'm sure they have thousands of accounts, accounts which are charged in an automated manner by accounting software, so they would have never noticed it without you pointing it out. Nothing underhanded about it, just how all businesses operate since the introduction of the computer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It shows how bad standars are though when the general comment is ''thats grand by the standards of others''! The fact is that this type of thing should not happen.

Direct debits hitting an account that are not budgeted for can mess up payment in respect of other direct debits etc ect and the sad fact is that companies dont give a f*** about this.

A customer cancelling an account should be able to take for granted that a dd will be cancelled immediately thats not too much to ask. In this case all the poster seems to have got is the promise of a refund and not even an apology.

If we accept lousy standards thats all we will get. Meanwhile Digweb have had an interest free loan at the posters expense.

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote:
    It shows how bad standars are though when the general comment is ''thats grand by the standards of others''! The fact is that this type of thing should not happen.

Direct debits hitting an account that are not budgeted for can mess up payment in respect of other direct debits etc ect and the sad fact is that companies dont give a f*** about this.

A customer cancelling an account should be able to take for granted that a dd will be cancelled immediately thats not too much to ask. In this case all the poster seems to have got is the promise of a refund and not even an apology.

If we accept lousy standards thats all we will get. Meanwhile Digweb have had an interest free loan at the posters expense.

Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

So how is yer connection then? is it working? I wouldent mind getting billed twice by IBB if it at least worked.

It is anoying but at least they were quick to sort it out. I rember having rows with eircom over money they owed me. These things shouldent happen but when they do at leat ya shouldent have hassell sorting it out and it seems you dident.

dub45 wrote:

people make mistakes, it happens in business
    it shouldnt happen but it does

when they realised theirs, they corrected it, refunded it all, no hassle
    im sure the person on the phone said sorry, apologies etc

no one is saying that we should accept bad standards, but what more does he want digiweb to do?

The connection is fine, but I wonder how long they would have continued to double bill me had I not discovered that.
    Guys just because other companies have given you alot of hassle doesn't make it OK that I didn't get any from Digiweb. It is simply not an acceptable level of service from a company. They made a BIG fuss over not giving me a connection in the city until I got onto Eircom and had the line stopped in Balbriggan so that THEY could STOP my connection there and connect me in town.

Just because they didn't drag their heels when I told them, or just because their service is smooth does not make it acceptable that they DOUBLE BILLED me for 4 months and would have continued to do so had -->I<-- not realised what was happening.

Stop making excuses for these companies.

event wrote:
    sure the person on the phone said sorry, apologies etc

No they did not. It was a very matter of fact call.
    no one is saying that we should accept bad standards, but what more does he want digiweb to do

I don't want Digiweb to do anything more. I'm merely stating that I'm unhappy that they double billed me for four months. I'm just stating my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well one of the reasons that I read this thread to begin with is im conciddering Digi web as an alterniteve to IBB and the title made me question that idea, having read it though im still planing to go with digi web now. its not enough to put me off.

eo980 wrote:
    The connection is fine, but I wonder how long they would have continued to double bill me had I not discovered that.
    Guys just because other companies have given you alot of hassle doesn't make it OK that I didn't get any from Digiweb. It is simply not an acceptable level of service from a company. They made a BIG fuss over not giving me a connection in the city until I got onto Eircom and had the line stopped in Balbriggan so that THEY could STOP my connection there and connect me in town.

Just because they didn't drag their heels when I told them, or just because their service is smooth does not make it acceptable that they DOUBLE BILLED me for 4 months and would have continued to do so had -->I<-- not realised what was happening.

Stop making excuses for these companies.

nobody is saying that its acceptable
    but i dont know what you want them to do,

THEY MADE A MISTAKE

can you tell me that there isnt a business in the world that hasnt made some sort of billing error?

they should have apologised on the phone, that was wrong

event wrote:
    but i dont know what you want them to do,

Have you actually read the follow-ups I posted? I've already stated that I don't want them to do anything, I'm merely stating my opinion that I'm miffed with the situation. It's only an opinion, I don't want them to do anything.

I can't make that any clearer, it's in black and white. (kinda!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eo980 wrote:
    I don't want Digiweb to do anything more. I'm merely stating that I'm unhappy that they double billed me for four months. I'm just stating my opinion.
    OK, so someone in Digiweb made a mistake in not stopping that direct debit on your account. Perhaps they should have apologised for this since it could have caused problems in a mortgage payment or other loan/bill if there wasn't enough money left in your account. However, you should also recognise your own part in this mistake too. Having cancelled your old Digiweb account, you could, and should, have written a letter to the bank cancelling the DD linked to that account number and then this would never have happened.

It seems that nobody in Ireland realises that they have complete control over their own bank account. Don't leave it to the company in question as mistakes can happen (complete incompetence can also result in over charging in the case of companies like BT and IBB).

eo980 wrote:
    Have you actually read the follow-ups I posted? I've already stated that I don't want them to do anything, I'm merely stating my opinion that I'm miffed with the situation. It's only an opinion, I don't want them to do anything.

I can't make that any clearer, it's in black and white. (kinda!)

only saw them after

but i just cant see any point in what you posted.

they made a mistake, and rectified it

you dont want anymore from them

was it really worthy of a thread?

event wrote:
    only saw them after

but i just cant see any point in what you posted.

they made a mistake, and rectified it

you dont want anymore from them

This is going nowhere. Yes it was. It's an opinion, you don't have to get it. The End.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

event wrote:
    Well, it is somewhat useful information for anyone considering changing provider or location. Remember that due to incompetence, dishonesty or a plain and simple mistake, a company can end up over charging you. So keep a record of all conversations and emails, and do cancel that direct debit with the bank.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

What I find funny is that some people here think companies go through all their accounts manually to check that they aren't double billing. They don't, it is all done automatically by billing software, no human involvement. So you are right, if you hadn't spotted it, it would have continued happening.

It just goes to show that people need to take responsibility for themselves and keep a close eye on their accounts.

bk wrote:
    It just goes to show that people need to take responsibility for themselves and keep a close eye on their accounts.

I'm aware it's an automated system in most companies, but things never seem to run smoothly with Irish companies. Double billing with Digiweb this time. Another time Eircom charged me €107 ex Vat for a service they never provided. It took me over an hour on the phone and multiple cut offs to get that back as credit.

Problems are far too common place in Irish business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 dyslexixboy

bk wrote:
    What I find funny is that some people here think companies go through all their accounts manually to check that they aren't double billing. They don't, it is all done automatically by billing software, no human involvement. So you are right, if you hadn't spotted it, it would have continued happening.

yep you sure do cause digiweb overcharged me for two months on a wireless service I wasent getting. Only I noticed the double charge they would still be charging me. personally I think this level of service is complete crap and should be put on forums like this to let people know this crap goes on and help these compainies see the errors of their ways.

• Advertisement

yep you sure do cause digiweb overcharged me for two months on a wireless service I wasent getting. Only I noticed the double charge they would still be charging me. personally I think this level of service is complete crap and should be put on forums like this to let people know this crap goes on and help these compainies see the errors of their ways.

did they refund you?

Absolutely.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Why is it so difficult for people to do things properly? It's more than two weeks since I started this thread and guess what? They double billed me again and the account that was supposed to be closed 5 MONTHS ago is still open and I'm still being billed.
    Just spoke to them again and 'Oh yeah we'll close that for you now and send a cheque tomorrow'. I don't like to be cynical, but I'm really going to believe it when I see it.

MOTHERFLCUKERS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sunny123

Have had nothing but trouble with Digiweb. Have been trying to get wireless boradband set up at home for the last 8 weeks....the first router they sent us was faulty, the second router they sent us was faulty....we went out and bought our own router (on their advice - to quote them "the one that they send is crap").

Despite spending numerous hours on to their technical support (who weren't particularly technical) we still don't have broadband, cancelled the account two weeks ago....were told by a sales person that it was all sorted and to expect a refund of what we had already paid.

Duely waited, only to ring last night and find out that the account hadn't been cancelled.....no record of us ever speaking to someone in sales...now we are going to have wait another 5 working days for them to release the line back to Eircom.

OP you have every right to complain about them, they have really messed us around, just because they didn't act as badly as other providers does not mean that they didn't act poorly in the first place. If no one complains these situations can go on to become as bad as the problems people are experiencing with other providers......Digiweb are quite a young company...

Just my two cents worth anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

I'm looking for a cheque from them as well since they cancelled the service a month too early, even though they billed me for it..

I've rung 3 times and been told "oh yeah we'll get that out to you today", nothing has arrived yet though..

It's been almost six weeks since I first spoke to these cnut's and I still haven't received any cheque reimbursing me for double billing me. This is taking the michael!
    Going to ring them in the morning and sort this one out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

event wrote:
    people make mistakes, it happens in business
    it shouldnt happen but it does

when they realised theirs, they corrected it, refunded it all, no hassle
    im sure the person on the phone said sorry, apologies etc

no one is saying that we should accept bad standards, but what more does he want digiweb to do?

At this stage I guess he would like his money back? See what you get for trusting isps?:rolleyes:

I can't remember the last time I was EVER this angry. I am so close to hopping onto a train and going to visit this príckheads in dundalk. Just rang them now to try and resolve the situation and there is no complaints manager there to take my call - she's on holidays. Seemingly there is no-one to take my call.
    Let me recap for anyone who hasn't read ny first post:

Digiweb were double billing me for 4 months, for an account that was supposedly closed. I spoke to them SIX weeks ago and they told me they'd be sending a cheque out the next day. Two weeks after that they double billed me AGAIN and on ringing them found out they never sent the cheque. They promised it'd be sent out again and I'm still waiting for it FOUR weeks after my second phone call.

So in total I've been waiting SIX weeks, been double billed again in that period after my old account was supposedly closed. Totally unacceptable behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

A mistake is something that might happen once, more than than that is shoddy practise. I would have to agree with Dub45, if ppl accept bad practise thats what customers will get, bad practise. Consider this, because of that mistake the money left in a persons account may not be enough to cover other DD's that were set up causing that person to be disconected from another service(Eircom, Sky Digital ect). That person could very well be liable for reconnection fees. Are Eircom or whoever going to be interested in the fact that another company made the mistake, NO. Are Digiweb then going to cover the re-connection fees incurred, NO. As long as ppl are prepared to accept a shoddy service thats exactly what they will get. Now don't get me started on the fact that Digiweb were able to remove monies from someones account that they were not entitled to(and more than once). In any other area of life this is called theft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

To be honest if you have a problem then put the problem in writing, to the managers, stating who you spoke to and when, what was agreed and that it hasn't happened. Then demand (nicely) that they not only they refund you immediately, but as a gesture of goodwill give you a free month or two usage.
    If you're not getting any joy out of the plebs on the customer service line, go over their heads.

Advertisement