Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Don't Love Digiweb.........Anymore

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

A mistake is something that might happen once, more than than that is shoddy practise. I would have to agree with Dub45, if ppl accept bad practise thats what customers will get, bad practise. Consider this, because of that mistake the money left in a persons account may not be enough to cover other DD's that were set up causing that person to be disconected from another service(Eircom, Sky Digital ect). That person could very well be liable for reconnection fees. Are Eircom or whoever going to be interested in the fact that another company made the mistake, NO. Are Digiweb then going to cover the re-connection fees incurred, NO. As long as ppl are prepared to accept a shoddy service thats exactly what they will get. Now don't get me started on the fact that Digiweb were able to remove monies from someones account that they were not entitled to(and more than once). In any other area of life this is called theft.

You omitted to mention that in the event that a direct debit is not met that there will be additional charges from the bank and the company concerned. Again I labour the point that the direct debit system is useless when it comes to the point of a customer trying to get action taken against the likes of Digiweb for the type of behavoiur they are indulging in here - they can do what they bloodywll like without fear of any sanction being taken against them. Thats why its good to see a company who behaves like this getting the maximum possible of bad publicity. If staff are not trained to be concerned about this type of thing what does that say about a company?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

eo980 wrote:
    I can't remember the last time I was EVER this angry. I am so close to hopping onto a train and going to visit this príckheads in dundalk. Just rang them now to try and resolve the situation and there is no complaints manager there to take my call - she's on holidays. Seemingly there is no-one to take my call.
    Let me recap for anyone who hasn't read ny first post:

Digiweb were double billing me for 4 months, for an account that was supposedly closed. I spoke to them SIX weeks ago and they told me they'd be sending a cheque out the next day. Two weeks after that they double billed me AGAIN and on ringing them found out they never sent the cheque. They promised it'd be sent out again and I'm still waiting for it FOUR weeks after my second phone call.

So in total I've been waiting SIX weeks, been double billed again in that period after my old account was supposedly closed. Totally unacceptable behaviour.

If you are paying this by direct debit have you followed the procedure and complained to your bank about Digiweb's behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,989 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

daiixi wrote:
    To be honest if you have a problem then put the problem in writing, to the managers, stating who you spoke to and when, what was agreed and that it hasn't happened. Then demand (nicely) that they not only they refund you immediately, but as a gesture of goodwill give you a free month or two usage.
    If you're not getting any joy out of the plebs on the customer service line, go over their heads.

I'll be waiting for a call from the complaints manager. If I don't have it by 12pm then I'll be ringing them. I won't get off the phone until I have a satisfactory outcome. If that doesn't happen then I believe I'll be on a train to Dundalk.

Well I rang them again today and asked to speak to the complaints manager, only to be told that they didn't take complaints over the phone and only through email.
    I explained to them that I rang friday and spoke to someone who told me the complaints manager would ring me today. She didn't know anything about this and asked who it was that told me that. So I told her the situation and she turned around and told me that the cheque had been issued over a month ago to the address that I was no longer living at.
    I told the women that I had asked for the cheque not to go to that address as I was no longer living there and had an account with them for my new place in town. I politely asked her why I would want a cheque to go to somewhere that I wasn't living. She told me she'd have the cheque cancelled and a new one issued for my new address.

I'm waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Squaddy

WTF! I just got Digiweb 2 weeks ago and today i was sent a email saying that i uploaded 13 gbs and dowloaded 815 mb. Now they have restricted my connection to 128Kbps. How the hell can they do this when i dont even have 13 gigs on my pc! I know for definite that i did not upload a half a gig nevermind 13 gigs.

Are they allowed do this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Squaddy wrote:
    WTF! I just got Digiweb 2 weeks ago and today i was sent a email saying that i uploaded 13 gbs and dowloaded 815 mb. Now they have restricted my connection to 128Kbps. How the hell can they do this when i dont even have 13 gigs on my pc! I know for definite that i did not upload a half a gig nevermind 13 gigs.

Are they allowed do this?

You on dsl or wireless? if it's wireless, and unsecured, someones doing the work for you :D

You on dsl or wireless? if it's wireless, and unsecured, someones doing the work for you :D

No dsl lite its called 1 mb connection

Strange......

I'm with 1mb perlico atm, ****ing SHíTE

Ordered dslxtra recently :) digiweb ftw tbh.

Strange......

I'm with 1mb perlico atm, ****ing SHíTE

Ordered dslxtra recently :) digiweb ftw tbh.

The b s tards im not staying with these guys anymore if this continues. My internet is a slow as dial up now. I sent them an email they better respond or there will be a rampage.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Squaddy wrote:
    No dsl lite its called 1 mb connection
    He didn't mean wireless as in a wireless connection between the ISP and your house (Digiweb Metro.) He meant wireless as in a wireless LAN (aka WLAN, aka WiFi) in your home, which anyone within range can tap into unless you secure it (encryption). For all you know, your next door neighbour could be the next Gary Glitter and it'll be you, not him, down the cop shop doing a lot of explainin'... :eek:

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Advertisement

ninja900 wrote:
    He didn't mean wireless as in a wireless connection between the ISP and your house (Digiweb Metro.) He meant wireless as in a wireless LAN (aka WLAN, aka WiFi) in your home, which anyone within range can tap into unless you secure it (encryption). For all you know, your next door neighbour could be the next Gary Glitter and it'll be you, not him, down the cop shop doing a lot of explainin'... :eek:

Oh rite, no but it is still connected with a cable into the phone socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,873 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yes the broadband is coming into your home down the phone line, it's what happens after that that I'm talking about. What's the make/model of the ADSL modem (what's plugged into the phone socket.) It may have a wireless LAN capability. If you don't need this (i.e. you don't own a laptop, and don't mind running ethernet cable to any desktop PCs you want to connect up) then you can switch the wireless LAN off.

If you do leave the wireless LAN facility switched on, it needs to be encrypted, otherwise literally anyone in the vicinity of your house could be using your broadband and putting you over the usage limit.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

ninja900 wrote:
    Yes the broadband is coming into your home down the phone line, it's what happens after that that I'm talking about. What's the make/model of the ADSL modem (what's plugged into the phone socket.) It may have a wireless LAN capability. If you don't need this (i.e. you don't own a laptop, and don't mind running ethernet cable to any desktop PCs you want to connect up) then you can switch the wireless LAN off.

If you do leave the wireless LAN facility switched on, it needs to be encrypted, otherwise literally anyone in the vicinity of your house could be using your broadband and putting you over the usage limit.

Oh right sorry my mistake, its Zyxel prestige 600 and its got an ethernet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Squaddy wrote:
    The b s tards im not staying with these guys anymore if this continues. My internet is a slow as dial up now. I sent them an email they better respond or there will be a rampage.

its in the T+C's

do people not research what they buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I cancelled Digiweb when moving house, and forgot to cancel the DD with the bank.

Digiweb took an extra 2 payments out, a simple phone call, and the money was refunded.

I wasn't aggressive, and the nice person on the phone sorted it out and sent me a confirmation email :)

Squaddy wrote:
    Oh right sorry my mistake, its Zyxel prestige 600 and its got an ethernet connection.

Piece of shíte!!

Zyxel still give me nightmeres...

zabbo wrote:
    I cancelled Digiweb when moving house, and forgot to cancel the DD with the bank.

Digiweb took an extra 2 payments out, a simple phone call, and the money was refunded.

I wasn't aggressive, and the nice person on the phone sorted it out and sent me a confirmation email :)

I've been polite and friendly all along and it's gotten me practically nowhere.

eo980 wrote:
    Well I rang them again today and asked to speak to the complaints manager, only to be told that they didn't take complaints over the phone and only through email.
    I explained to them that I rang friday and spoke to someone who told me the complaints manager would ring me today. She didn't know anything about this and asked who it was that told me that. So I told her the situation and she turned around and told me that the cheque had been issued over a month ago to the address that I was no longer living at.
    I told the women that I had asked for the cheque not to go to that address as I was no longer living there and had an account with them for my new place in town. I politely asked her why I would want a cheque to go to somewhere that I wasn't living. She told me she'd have the cheque cancelled and a new one issued for my new address.

I'm waiting.

Would you look at that. Exactly a month has gone by and I'm still waiting for my cheque. A few phone calls ago I refused to get off the phone until they got me a manager to speak to. After holding for about 10 minutes the guy told me he'd get his manager to call me back. He never did. So I rang them again and again, only to be told again and again that I would be called back. They never flucking call back.......... ever.

So I have just rang them again and it seems my cheque is in the post. Today is Wednesday, if I haven't received it by Friday I'll flucking go spare. The cost of getting a solicitor involved would be greater than the €150 or so I'm due to get back.

Do you think mentioning the ombudsman to them would do any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

I'm pretty amazed digiweb is getting such a hammering here. Every company good or bad screws up from time to time. I've been happy with Digiweb after 2yrs of a waking nightmare with bt.
    Every one i've spoken to has been great, when i was having trouble with my modem once a tech support guy gave me his direct number so i cound ring him after he gave me a few things to try so i wouldn't have to que on the 1800 number (which i've never had to wait more than 10mins on ever)...just little things like that really impressed me about them.

Finally THREE MONTHS after first calling to them and speaking about the matter I got a cheque in the post. I can't see how anyone can defend Digiweb in this matter. It involved so much stress and aggrevation. Each and everytime I called them I was told someone would call me back and they never did, not once.

A shower of tits.

• Advertisement
Advertisement