Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dinamo Zagreb v Arsenal

• 08-08-2006 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

A bit nervous about this game with all the players out.

Henry (rested), Lehmann (suspended), Philippe Senderos (shoulder), Freddie Ljungberg (ankle), Gael Clichy (foot) and Abou Diaby (ankle). And then the ongoing uncertainty about Reyes and will he play or not (if he plays then he is not as attractive an option for Real).

Also a bit annoyed that the match is not being televised (at least I can't see it on any of the listing sites I have checked).

Looks like its listen to the radio and bite my nails tonight so !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Its on ITV1, gandalf.

Looking forward to it, i miss CL football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Yes its on ITV.

Come on the Arsenal. So happy that the CL is back.

I'd say DK will come at them hard but we will be grand :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Bastards on Entertainment.ie didn't update their site !!!!

Ta happier now !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

If Reyes isn't playing, Arsenal look a bit short in midfield, no?

Im guessing Silva/Cesc in the centre with Rosicky and Hleb coming in off the wings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Does anybody known if Walcott is in the squad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Shocked to find out he's been left home for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

he's injuried. Also, dont expect to see him much this season. Just because Sven is stupid enough to think he's good enough to play in a world cup, doesnt mean Wenger is.

News that you lads are signing Ribery it will be interesting to see if Reyes plays tonight.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Reyes isn't playing... I'm stunned really. Rosicky starts, I hope he's fit. Hoyte also starts at LB, and I'm delighted for the lad. One home-grown left-back out, a new one in!

If Ribery comes in and Reyes goes, I'll be very disappointed. At least Ribery will get to play in his best position though.

Tough game tonight I expect.

Arsenal looking ok so far without looking overly threatening. No stand out players as of yet. Zagreb with little of the ball but do look dangerous when they get it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ugh ITV.

Mute tbh

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hmm, no CL football for Reyes...a sign perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭wardie

How much will Reyes go for ? Cant see him staying now.

Ribery looked a good player in patches in the WC.

Do ye reckon Djourou will start ahead of Cygan this year ith Senderos out for a few weeks ?

Djourou has started ahead of Cygan tonight.

OK performance so far. Bit slack defensively and lacking movement in attack, which is to be expected at this stage of the season I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Sorry for butting in but I'm curious, the commentators are saying <phonetic>roesitski,</phonetic> but shouldn't it be pronounced <phonetic> roezikki</phonetic>.

Oh, and 2 well played goals there. Well done !

ZEN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

2-0. Cesc 63 min, Van persie 64 min

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Zagreb are fairly awful.

Its like watching a pre season.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

3-0 Cesc again.

Sweet, makes the game at Ashburton largely meaningless, and no seemingly no more injuries acquired. Fabregas scoring goals is encouraging. Hleb was great tonight, I've high hopes for him this season.

Everyone played generally ok tonight. Fabregas was excellent but Hoyte looked unsure, I'd prefer to see Flamini playing there until Clichy is fit to be honest.

• Advertisement

Sweet, makes the game at Ashburton largely meaningless, and no seemingly no more injuries acquired. Fabregas scoring goals is encouraging. Hleb was great tonight, I've high hopes for him this season.

Agreed.

Its so weird to see Ashburton and not Highbury :(

TheGooner wrote:
    Agreed.

Its so weird to see Ashburton and not Highbury :(
    Well technically it /still/ is Highbury, so you can call it that if you like. Emirates/Highbury/Ashburton, I'm just deciding which fits best :p

Well technically it /still/ is Highbury, so you can call it that if you like. Emirates/Highbury/Ashburton, I'm just deciding which fits best :p

Ah ya can't call it Highbury, thats just not right.

'The Grove' is an option that hasn't popped up!

By-kah, By-kah, By-kah...!

Sorry, doesn't work for me.

By-kah, By-kah, By-kah...!

Sorry, doesn't work for me.

I was thinking more iconic North Dublin disco!!

Not bleedin Ant and Dec!

Got to be Ashburton so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Good win by the Gooners eventhough Zagreb did stand off them a bit but Hoyte lacked confidence and didn't look the part at all. As was said above by Royale with Cheese I would also favour Flamini over him until Clichy gets back.

My man of the match was Cesc I cannot believe he is still only 19, he was excellent tonight. Rosicky looked very lively and sharp and lasted longer than I expected him to do in the game given all the talk of his match fitness.

With regard to Reyes I reckon the writing is on the walls now, its just a matter of how much he will go for. Hopefully we get Ribary now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

quite disappointed by the Reyes situation, I had thought that he was ging to develop into something very very special. His early performance last year was excellent. It seems he doesn't have the temprement though and I think it will hold him back wherever he goes. Good win for Arsenal though!

Advertisement