Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenclick postal DVDs

Options
  • 08-08-2006 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭

Has anyone noticed the deterioration in the screenclick postal DVD service.

Basically i am meant to be getting 2 dvds out of a wishlist of 25 at any given time. It took them nearly a week to get 1!!!!

I think this is because they have done a deal with o2.

Its very poor though as i am paying monthly full whack and getting penalised.
    I am thinking of cancelling my subscription..does anyone have an alternative source of postal dvds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

ouch.. the o2 deal I would imagine has ****ed things up alright, a lot of people have seemed to taken the offer up, and thats the problem with having a few thousand customers all looking for a few select movies. The postal system in ireland doesnt help things either

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Used the service for about two months and had awful problems canceling, it was ok but not a whole lot of good movies available through the service

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I use this, and a while back noticed that two DVDs had been dispatched but I hadn't received them. E-mailed customer support who said that my next available choices would be sent out.

After 10 days of no DVDs I rang them (instead of emailing) and spoke to a guy who had no record of the email concerning the lost DVDs. However, he was very helpful, immediately got DVDs sent out to me and refunded me 14 days worth of fees.

I think though, that they may have bitten off more than they can chew with the o2 offer. Earlier customers may nowbe suffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

dudara wrote:
    I think though, that they may have bitten off more than they can chew with the o2 offer. Earlier customers may nowbe suffering.

Think you are right.

I have cancelled my membership but i will keep an eye on it to make sure they don't charge.
    I have cancelled well within the time allowed so if it goes through i will just contact my credit card company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

I have used them on and off for over a year and hence have cancelled twice. Both times they continously charged me on the months after I cancelled. Then there was the hassle of trying to get the money back

Aswell as that, I was receiving none of my 25 pics, but titles such as Duece Bigalo etc .....Absolute trash that I would never watch.- that was the end for me

Busybeedvd are a much better service in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

I have noticed myself the screenclick dont seem to run a reliable service. Yesterday I recived King Kong but the DVD was so badly scratched that it was unwatchable. Also I never seem to get DVD's that are in my top 5. I only keep 10 in my wishlist to ensure I get what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

I've emailed their support quite a bit in the last few months getting them to send on dvd's. Whereas before if there was a delay in sending dvd's they would immediately send on the next, nowadays they don't bother and don't even reply to emails. I log on to see if my dvd's are returned in their records and then I can tell if they are taking the p* ss which they seem to be a lot recently. Not many other options out there.....think busybee or something is another one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

signed up through o2 , they charged me already (though my understanding was dont get charged till the end of next month or something)

was posted number 3+5 in my list got them in two days , posted them back a week later and they got to them within 2 days and on the same day (yesterday) they posted out 1+2 on my list (so should have em monday / tuesday)

no probs here , tbh any delays cant really be screenclicks fault (especially if in your rental history you can see when they recieved / dispatched DVD's )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I also signed up with o2 and i've been charged for the two months I've been with it even though it states you won't be charged and will be notified 2 weeks prior to the end of the trial period that they're gonna start charging you.

Only realised if after I lost my wallet (later found and was never lost in the first place) and cancelled the credit card and was told that my last transaction had been with screenclick, ie they'd charged me a subscription fee.

This is despite the fact they received my last returned dvd and never sent me out a new one. So both o2 and screenclick will be getting emails from me this week to complain.

Found them reasonably good until to my last dvd which they received back but haven't sent out a new one despite receiving it over a week ago.

miju wrote:
    no probs here , tbh any delays cant really be screenclicks fault (especially if in your rental history you can see when they recieved / dispatched DVD's )

I had a full 25 on the list and it was 5 days before they sent one out.. I was counting from when they were recieved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

miju wrote:
    signed up through o2 , they charged me already (though my understanding was dont get charged till the end of next month or something)

was posted number 3+5 in my list got them in two days , posted them back a week later and they got to them within 2 days and on the same day (yesterday) they posted out 1+2 on my list (so should have em monday / tuesday)

I understood the free trial offer was for the basic (Bronze) membership, i.e. one DVD at a time? If you're getting two at a time you may have signed up for the Silver service, which I don't think was on trial?

Yet another two DVDs posted out to me have gone missing. In the 2-3 months I've been using this service, that makes 5 DVDs in total missing.

I don't know whether it's sticky fingers at the PO, or something else, but it's really annoying me. Why do screenclick have to make their envelopes so obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gavmcc

Have you tried www.moviestar.ie ?

Just launched, have a huge collection of titles and better pricing. Much better website too.

G.

That looks interesting. I'll be moving house soon, and I'll definitely cancel screenclick then. I'm just not that overly impressed.

MOH wrote:
    I understood the free trial offer was for the basic (Bronze) membership, i.e. one DVD at a time? If you're getting two at a time you may have signed up for the Silver service, which I don't think was on trial?

ah that'd probably be it , all good so

mental note: read an offer twice instead of presuming something it means something it doesnt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fatboy22

Re Moviestar

Set up by the McConnon brothers??? need i say anything. why anyone would give that pair E1 i don’t know. see the Mirror story entitled “cheque creeps”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/mirrori...ame_index.html

need i say more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I canceled my subscription, it was useless. signed up for 3 at a time and would get them at different days, a few days apart. at one stage it took about 9 days to get anything back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

I registered with the O2 offer. I used a Transactonline (farewell :'( card number so know for a fact they can only charge 1c :)

Anyway, I'm very unimpressed by the service. If this is ANY indication of the level of service fully paying customers are getting (which it appears to be) then I wouldn't be bothered subscribing. I'm just glad I haven't wasted 14.99 to find that out.
    • First off, the range is just ok, they have a few lesser-known title but they don't have many of the modern-but-not-brand-new titles I searched for.
    • Return times are very poor. I only get one a week, and thats watching it the night after I get it.
    • The third DVD I received was Red Eye which wasn't on my wishlist - this was despite the fact the automated email said one of my picks was on the way. Granted, they replied to my email and sent out 2 DVDs next time, but even those took a week to arrive.
    • I've just received #18 on my wishlist. I don't think I've had any of my top 10 sent out.
    So I'll let it run as long as they can't charge me - the offer is handy for those more obscure titles or the ones I'd never pay €6 to rent but it's certainly not a service I'd pay for.

It is what it's.

to be honest guys sounds like more of the gripes are with the postal service than screenclick , i've still not had any hassle with them and have so far gotten 6 DVD's and they were ALL in my top 5 on my wishlist (i suppose it depends on how popular the films your putting on the wishlist are)

actually just check my account there and i posted 2 DVD's back to em on Friday gone and they've despatched number 3+5 on my list (hostel & the fog 2005) this morning

all seems very reasonable to me (i think i remember reading somewhere on screenclick though that depending on your membership you get preference BUT might have been a different DVD place)

• Advertisement

gavmcc wrote:
    Have you tried www.moviestar.ie ?

Just launched, have a huge collection of titles and better pricing. Much better website too.

G.
    Tnx:D

Well screenclick are still at it from what i can see.

They recieved back my selection on 18th august:
    i have a full 25 list and they still as of 22 august havent sent anything else out

!!!!!!!

DO NOT GO WITH THESE

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭allin-king

Busybeedvd.com do a good service, they have a good range of TV box sets and more obscure titles as well as the average blockbuster!

They recieved back my selection on 18th august:
    i have a full 25 list and they still as of 22 august havent sent anything else out

out of curiousity have you contact them about these delays and if you have what was they're reasoning for it?

i presume if they've had delays like this more than once they credited your account for the time lost?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭CraggyIslander

Been with them for the last 6months and service has been prompt 2dvd's at a time, although sometimes one arrives a day late... but I blame an post for that :D

However since the o2 trial has started:

Sometimes only get one at a time, like i was on the o2 trial... however a quick email always gets the 2nd one send out immediately

DVD's are not always send out on the same day as returned, but the next day instead. Any longer and I'll be on to em like a flash :P

So no complaints here, just hope that they'll be back to their regular turnaround time once the o2 trial is over. Plus they'll be getting a few suggestions I made in then as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 fatboy22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 longie

Hello - sent back two dvd's last week and they still havent been received by screenclick.com. Has anybody had issues with dvd's going missing and if so what they were charged or whats their policy on dvd's not being returned!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Im "half-way" with this service. Iv a few gripes but its just how they made there system work. Anyway, ill try explain to you a few things I learned about how they operate.

Firstly; Apparently for Screenclick to properly serv you, you gotta have at least 10DVDs in your "Wishlist". At that, they will send you whatever DVD is available in the wish list. They will check the first DVD on the list - if available:- Send. If not, try next, and repeat. So it scans the list and picks the next available DVD and sends it to you. If they send it today, your supposed to get it tmrow (so An Post told them).

Secondly; If you send back the DVD today, there supposed to get it tommrow and on the same day pack and send you your "next available choice" to receive the next day. Again, according to An Posts website which they rely on.

Me? I use the O2.ie offer and find it "resnoable". The selection isnt great, and there support isnt the best either. Iv had problems with them sending me out The Matrix Part 2, when Part 1 was my first choice. Id email and explain (aswel as marking it "Wrong DVD" on the label) and was told OK. Same thing happened again, and again, and again and emails got ignored. So I called, had an arguement and got it sorted. Sent me two dvds out the next day. Returned when watched and hoped id get my next choice but got one towards the end of the list. I put that in the post 2 days ago and it only arrived today. So sometimes there seems to be delays.

Not once had a scratched DVD or a film that wasnt on my list.

Selection isnt the best but it will do. Im considering staying on with them but after reading reports here im a tad bit iffy. I dont like Xtra Vision cause im always late brining back DVDs and now they want them back before 8.30PM ><. So I get a large bill the next time I go down.

When does the o2 offer end? I might stay with them if it ends soon, otherwise I'm switching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 longie

what happens if you lose or the dvd's get lost via an post! What is the charge?

Advertisement