Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenclick postal DVDs

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dudara wrote:
    When does the o2 offer end? I might stay with them if it ends soon, otherwise I'm switching.

End of this Month.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

longie wrote:
    what happens if you lose or the dvd's get lost via an post! What is the charge?

If you never received them, just email or ring them and they will send out new ones to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

miju wrote:
    out of curiousity have you contact them about these delays and if you have what was they're reasoning for it?

i presume if they've had delays like this more than once they credited your account for the time lost?

Sorry for taking so long in replying:
    yes i contacted them several times, But they didnt reply at all. In the end i got so sick of it. 5 days from return of my dvds to them before they sent out just one!.. and it was a full list of 25. and there was no crediting of the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Cancelled my subscription today.
    The selection is pretty woeful,the number of new releases they have been getting in over the last few months has been very limited.
    I've been waiting for them to get specific titles in,ones that should be available to rent as I've seen them in shops ,but no sign of them.
    Turnaround is good but the selection when compared to Lovefilm or Blockbuster in the UK is abysmal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Sorry for taking so long in replying:
    yes i contacted them several times, But they didnt reply at all. In the end i got so sick of it. 5 days from return of my dvds to them before they sent out just one!.. and it was a full list of 25. and there was no crediting of the account.

thats crazy, i'm tempted to rub it in actually :)

posted 2 DVD's back yesterday morning and ALREADY the next two have been despacthec and gain they are my top two choices,

i dunno maybe i've just been extremely luck with them??????????

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

and incidently the two DVD choices popped into my letterbox this morning , speedy or what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClimateGirl

Marksie wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed the deterioration in the screenclick postal DVD service.

Basically i am meant to be getting 2 dvds out of a wishlist of 25 at any given time. It took them nearly a week to get 1!!!!

I think this is because they have done a deal with o2.

Its very poor though as i am paying monthly full whack and getting penalised.
    I am thinking of cancelling my subscription..does anyone have an alternative source of postal dvds?

We keep getting movies that aren't on our wishlist. It's very annoying & I don't understand how the ScreenClicks system could make such silly errors. Customer service has been good about sending out extra DVDs when we don't get the ones on our list, but even the extra DVDs aren't always on our wish list so it seems like they are suffering from some major technical errors in their computer systems..

Definitely going to look into the other rental programs mentioned below! It would be great to hear more from the people using those other companies to see if they're really satisfied.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭pjordan

Tried to suspend my membership two months ago while on holidays but they continued to debit my membership charges - The did stop sending me DVD's however. So I tried to resume my DVD wish list two weeks ago and have e-mailed them 3 times but still haven't received any reply. Tried calling them today and it keeps going to a voice message saying you're in a queue and then puts you through to a voice mail box which says it is is full, tells you goodbye and cuts you off.
    Something very strange going on here methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Thread323

Finally given up on screenclick, DVDs were not being dispatched and/or delivered on time. I was losing out plus DVD quality seemed poor also. Awful trouble cancelling too! Back to chartbusters for me which is a shame because it was nice idea and works in other countries. Post on Saturday and next day delivery guaranteed would help greatly in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

I looked into these companies and now im glad i didnt join, the monthly fee would have ment HAVING to watch about 2 dvds a weeks as opposed to wanting to watch them every week.

it seems too much of a coincedence that an post are being blamed for slow delivery of alot of dvds , sounds to me as if they arent registering the return of the dvds so it doesnt show up on the system that more dvds need to be sent out.

ill stick to the local shop where i can get the dvd i want , when i want it and pick up a btle of vino, a pizza and a firepack at the same time. perfect !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

three or four times they have sent out dvds that either freeze or skip. Very annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sylvia.

Hi there,
    I am writing from Screenclick and I would love to assure you that this should never be the case. In fact, if you let us know that your previous DVD happened to be faulty, we will double check each DVD before sending it to you to make sure that you never receive damaged DVD again. Please contact me on 0818 270 710 or support@screenclick.com and I will be more than happy to sort it out for you.
    Cheers, Sylvia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Shelflife wrote: »
    I looked into these companies and now im glad i didnt join, the monthly fee would have ment HAVING to watch about 2 dvds a weeks as opposed to wanting to watch them every week.

it seems too much of a coincedence that an post are being blamed for slow delivery of alot of dvds , sounds to me as if they arent registering the return of the dvds so it doesnt show up on the system that more dvds need to be sent out.

ill stick to the local shop where i can get the dvd i want , when i want it and pick up a btle of vino, a pizza and a firepack at the same time. perfect !!
    you can get two dvds a month on bronze option at five euros or so in that regards its quite good. Overall they have a good selection. have been with them for two or three years now. Hello there sylvia if you are reading this ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sylvia.

you can get two dvds a month on bronze option at five euros or so in that regards its quite good. Overall they have a good selection. have been with them for two or three years now. Hello there sylvia if you are reading this ;)

Sure I am;)….. trying to catch up with customers who are too shy to complain directly to support@screenclick.com or to give me a call @ 0818 270 710 and a chance to sort things out.

Advertisement