Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not SMART... SLOW

• 08-08-2006 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

just wondering has anyone else been waiting ages for SMART to connect them. I placed my order 1st week of May and am still waiting to be connected. What the hell is the point of creating a service where you have to wait over 3 months for it to arrive!!! Rang them for the 5th time last week and have been given a new eta date of 15th Aug.... not happy!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

normally its eircoms fault, complain to eircom and to comreg about this delay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

That date will be what Eircom have told them.

Eircom 'told' Smart they successfully transferred me on March 2nd - of course they didn't and it was only when Smart personnel actually gained access to the exchange (and did the work themselves) that I finally got connected on May 2nd.

Eircom still have not correctly jumpered my connection though, and as a result, I am not being charged for outgoing calls. Their incompetence is legendary. I do not regret for once second getting out of the clutches of Eircom - it was worth the wait and the torment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭dezine

but we dont have a pre-existing number where we live though. We are not connected at all at the moment but the line is there. When I rang smart the cust service person was going on about having to schedule an engineer and how busy they were. Do they only have one guy working for them or something.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Your line first needs to be activated by Eircom, regardless of whether you are getting Smart or not. You can ring Eircom yourself and it'll be active within a matter of hours, or you can get Smart to get Eircom to activate it for you, which can take a matter of months. If you go direct to Eircom it'll be about €24 connection charge plus a bit of line rental before Smart take over the line, but when Smart try to get Eircom to connect a line it seems to take forever.

My friend signed up to Smart in January, had a line in place but not connected. He only got it up and running in the middle of May, this was after dozens of calls to Smart about it, who didn't seem to know why Eircom hadn't activated the line as they had been scheduled to do it.

I think the bottom line is that Eircom don't care about Smart Telecom so when Smart request a line to be activated Eircom put that request at the bottom of a very long "to do" list. It's Comreg's job to ensure that Eircom don't do this, but unfortunately they don't seem to be doing that job. A complaint to Comreg wouldn't go astray though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

/snip - sweet, double post.

• Advertisement

4 months later... my line was activated last week but i'm still waiting for my f*cking modem. I suppse its not smarts fault but its up to them to provide me with the service, i don't want to hear about thei p[roblems with eircom... smart should sort it out themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Took me 7 weeks in total changing from eircon and i have yet to have a problem so far though pings are not as low as they could be even with inter-leaving off.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Peace wrote:
    4 months later... my line was activated last week but i'm still waiting for my f*cking modem. I suppse its not smarts fault but its up to them to provide me with the service, i don't want to hear about thei p[roblems with eircom... smart should sort it out themselves.

In fairness, what can Smart do? Eircom are trying to do everything possible to frustrate Smart and their customers and the regulator (Comreg) who should fix it is completely incompetent.

bk wrote:
    In fairness, what can Smart do?

Well for a start they could be more up front about what is happening instead of fobbing off customers until they finally get connected and they could get a legal team on the situation or something surely!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

i love Smart .. sure they took a while to swap me over and sure i had to drop my old number .. but now im on a solid 3mb line ... lets just say i came from IBB so i dont mind a wait ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Jor

Read my thread from earlier today.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054974505

Eircom may be deliberately slow in connecting up Smart customers.
    Smart themselves aeem to be even worse.
    That said, I have beeen checking back on previous threads and BT seem to be even worse again.

Think I'll emigrate.

Well my broadband modem arrived yesterday only 4 months after my initial order.

Great! Yeah not so great, my user and password won't authenticate. Their tech support can't fix it so its being sent up to order processing.

I honestly don't know what it will take for me to get a working broadband connection from these bunch of muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

Peace wrote:
    Well my broadband modem arrived yesterday only 4 months after my initial order.

Great! Yeah not so great, my user and password won't authenticate. Their tech support can't fix it so its being sent up to order processing.

I honestly don't know what it will take for me to get a working broadband connection from these bunch of muppets.

Have you tried their support forums? You can get in touch with the techies directly there.

14 weeks and still no sign - got on to tech support and they are going to call me back - same way they are sending on progress reports on each stage of the order no doubt!

Advertisement