Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phones in Dubai?

• 08-08-2006 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭

going to dubai at the end of sept, are phones cheaper over there or is that untrue? what price would something like an n80 cost?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

define cheap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭BROWNE51

Just back from dubai,picked up an n80 ,sim free ,2000dhs(4.7dhs to 1e)or e425,much cheaper than here.
    Go to Carrefour,similar to aldi/lidl only on a superquinn scale,selling food and consumer goods(plasmas/camcorders/cameras etc).
    They are in most of the malls in Dubai(got mine in mall of emirates (place with ski slope!)).Axiom are another mall cellphone retailer over there,Virgin sell phones as well and some of the other electronic stores,but after spending a day comparing the prices Carrefour were the cheapest with no strings.Not much of a price difference anyway approx e40-e50(200dhs),but some shops have smallprint"this price if you buy a headset"!!
    Lots of phones available(newest models and unheard of brands) overthere contract free,we(ireland) are really behind in the hansets stakes.Hope this helps and enjoy.By the way,watch how most of the people have a 9500/9300 and another top of the range phone aswell !.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

cool, any other prices for me on the phones? just interested in what different models cost,

do they hassle you much or will they let you browse etc

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

The Carrefour branch in the Emirates mall is quite good, I was there in March but wasnt looking for phones although I did look and they seemed ok compared to here. There is a street near the JW Marriott hotel near the clock tower that has neon lights and is a huge bazaar and they have great products. I got a digital satalite receiver for €65 and here it was €150!!! Sorry cant remember the name but you can miss it. Its near the airport. Never buy in the Airport though they are expensive. The airport is good for cigarettes and after shaves/perfumes ,digital cameras but not for phones.

Advertisement