Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia 6210i - storage device error

• 08-08-2006 2:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I got a hands free car kit fitted last week.
    I am getting a random problem when I take the phone out of the cradle.

The phone seems to turn off for maybe 20 seconds - then when I press the on/off button I get a message on the screen, along the lines of "Use phone as a storage device" - there is an "accept" and a "reject" option. No matter what I press, the message just reappears. I have to turn the phone off and on to get it to go away. Bit of a pain in the neck

Anyone else had this trouble. I rang the company who fitted the kit and they haven't had this trouble before. I can use my phone without a bother in other car kits.

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

sounds like a software error. Get it reflashed with the latest software at a Nokia Service centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Yes that was a common software problem..(vodafone withdrew the 6230i from the market for the same thing)..send it off for a firmware update...Mprc in sandyford.or Nokia center on Dawson street.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If it's actually a 6210, it's gonna cost you to get the softwatre flashed as it's probably about five years old now. Are you sure it's not the 6230i or similar?

Advertisement