Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underlay for Laminate Floor

Options
  • 08-08-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

I'm going to replace the carpet in our kids playroom with laminate floor. It will be laid on to a concrete floor and I know I have to put a layer of waterproof plastic first and then the underlay before laying the floor. I just wondered could anyone recommend the type of underlay to use? Will the foam that's on rolls be adequate for this, or is there a better alternative? Its on the ground floor so sound proofing isn't really a worry.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

The foam underlay is fine...dont over-lap it and cheek the concrete for humps and lumps. If its the 'click' flooring, measure the length of the room, leaving about a half an inch both ends for expandtion....assemble the short ends before the lenght(so you have one long length....you will need help), then push them together. Its a nightmare assembling each board individually!!

Advertisement