Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother in £1.5m betting scam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

There's inside money on BigBrother eevery week!

Every single week. Look at betfair. It's hilarious.

Looking at the market you can tell WHO is up for nomination, who will be EVICTED, and even roughly what PERCENT.

It happens so quick as well, and well before the word is out to the public!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Tbh it's nice to see the bookies get stung.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Appears there is more to this story.

After nikki was evicted the chances of her winning big brother went to 1000-1. Apprantly there were a large number of heavy bets put down on her at this time. This was before the announcement they would be putting people back into the house.

The cops are currently investigating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The way it has gone this year is a farce.
    Although in the betfair stakes it is usually joe soap who is getting stung and not the bookie.
    I'd say there will be charges out of those investigations.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

you are all talking about the show and watching it.
    that's a result for channel 4 and endemol.

it's exactly what they want and it wouldn't surprise me if those stories are made up by endemol and deliberately leaked to the press.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Nah, it just means I wont be watching it next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Hobbes wrote:
    Appears there is more to this story.

After nikki was evicted the chances of her winning big brother went to 1000-1. Apprantly there were a large number of heavy bets put down on her at this time. This was before the announcement they would be putting people back into the house.

The cops are currently investigating it.
    There was €99 matched at 1000/1. You can check it all yourself.

www.betfair.com

click on the housemates name to see how much has been put on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

eirebhoy wrote:
    There was €99 matched at 1000/1. You can check it all yourself.

www.betfair.com

click on the housemates name to see how much has been put on them.

I just did an Excel of money matched between odds of 100/1 and 999/1
    If she wins some shrewdies stand to win €2,044,560

All said, apparently a paper published 'rumours' up to 2 weeks before the fact, that Nikki would be returning.
    The rumour snowballed and obviously the ex-housemates were contacted prior to the commoners finding out what was going on, so there is a huge collection of people who probably had access to the info...

All said I still can't for the life of me see her winning. I personally don't even think she'll come second.

look at it this way: nikki was up against all the other housemates. she got the majority of the vote, but that was only 25% (or thereabout. i'm sure someone will correct me). that means that 75% of people didn't want to see her go. it was a given she would get back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

i voted once and that was to get grace out. it was worth the €1 or whatever it cost me. i couldn't care less about her going back in.
    she's gone now anyway.

Advertisement