Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evanescence's Old Stuff(streamed).

• 08-08-2006 5:24pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As a service to the newer fans who may not be aware of the back catalog before Fallen, this was created.
    http://evanescencereference.info/music/.

If you are a new fan and want to listen to the pre-Fallen stuff, there you go.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm, their new single and vid.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1z0U1bseWU

The video is quite...bad.
    Only good things are amy lee and the wolf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 stone_soup

evanescence old stuff is way better than there new crap. dont know why theyve changed so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

On first listen it's not a bad song. It's just not quite what I would have expected after such a long wait for new material. Amy Lee's singing seems to have really taken a turn for the worse. She reminds me of someone like Kelly Clarkson actually :)

Many of the tracks on Fallen had a lot of layers e.g. strings and numerous vocal tracks but that seems to be missing from this song.

I have to agree with stone_soup, their older stuff is far better. I can't recommend songs like "Forgive Me", "Where Will You Go" and "Away From Me" highly enough.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I can't think of a band that have older stuff that is not better than the new. ;)

She sounds like Christina aguilera in parts of that song because she swings into sentences and is singing in E minor. She said this is not typical of the album, wind up made this the single as I assume it is the most radio friendly one. I hope so!
    Although, it has grown on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I didnt like the new single at all when I heard it at first. After a few listens though it grew on me. I've also heard that this song is not representative of the entire album. As from the Lacrymosa clip -that sounds good. The video is ok. I wonder who's gonna be playing the bass now that Ginger Will is gone?

• Advertisement

You talking about the single vid of the lacrymosa vid?
    Not a fan of the single's vid atall atall.

Welcome back to boards!

Advertisement