Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Satyricon.

• 08-08-2006 5:27pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So, anybody a fan of them here?

I just got some stuff, I like one song a lot, "Tied in Bronze Chains". I listened to a few more songs however and they were dire.
    Are they any good?
    Should I just stop listening now?
    I, of course, trust the rock/metal forums posters opinions. =)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

"Dark Medieval Times" and "Nemesis Divina" are both excellent in my opinion. But they're both from their black metal stage rather than the song you mentioned. The new album is closer to that style and seems to be quite good but I haven't listened to it enough to be able to give a proper verdict. But if you like black metal check out the two albums I mentioned earlier. Very interesting and very good stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Like Per said, their early black metal stuff was good, but then they started sucking. Still, Dark Medieval Times ftw!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ah ok, I'll look into that, thanks. I like very little black metal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I saw them at the Download festival where they were unfortunate enough to be playing first thing Saturday morning. Needless to say their performance wasn't great and to be honest I wouldn't recommend them based on what tracks I've heard both before and after the festival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

you like Evanesance though. your musical taste means nada ¬_¬

/huggles Tar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Well if it isn't Gerard Way, in to make some snide comment when he is frontman of one of the worst bands to exist.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

They're not the best band out there by any means, but they've got some good stuff. I've not heard their new album, so I can't give you any opinion on that, but it's all been decent in it's own way. Some people hated Volcano, but it had it's charm.

Advertisement