Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from Eircom Broadband with Netopia wireless

• 08-08-2006 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Hi, made the switch to BT package 2 weeks ago. Well should i say placed the order. This morning, i received a jumble up email from bt which seems to have conincied with be eircom broadband shutting down!. Do BT not send out instructions on how to switch over. Has anyone made this move before? can i make the changes before starting to call them!?
    my phone service is fine, i am just assuming that Eircom are no longer my provider and that I need to configure it for BT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭justagirl

Just bumping this up because I'm thinking about making the switch myself - did you call BT? I called BT myself this morning (used their call back service and was called back in 3 mins) and they told me that they do all the switching over with Eircom and that you dont have to do anything (I'd personally keep an eye on my last bill with Eirocom/first with BT as I believe they have 'issues' with their initial billing).....

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm not sure about BT, but the Eircom Netopia router I got will not work directly with Smart BB. No matter what was changed or tried, it refused to work, despite the DSL signal syncing and everything.

Advertisement