Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mono Skiing

Options
  • 08-08-2006 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Dudes,

Was mono skiing during the weekend and i came home with a very sore leg from the water spray. i lead with my left foot, right foot trailing. Now when im cutting and doing the business the spray from the ski is like a power hose on my right leg the whole time. What am i doing wrong? i havent been on the water in a while and forgot that this happened to me. I was using a ****ty enough ski to be honest but it used to happen when i was using a professional ski as well.. Mainly feel it more when i cut back left. Usually i would have about 50 degree angle to the water.

Any ideas why it happens or if its normal? Doesnt really bother me jst gets really sore and swollen after a full day skiing...

N.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 switchrider

I haven't mono'd in years but remember having the same problem. Don't think your doing anything wrong but I ain't an expert. I presume you weren't wearing a wetsuit or going in a shorty. You can get leg protectors - basically just a length of wetsuit that covers your calf of the exposed leg. Just chop up an old wetty - should do the trick....
    if not... give up the 1 ski and get on a board!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Ya was jst in a pair of shorts. Hmm doesnt matter for a while anymore!! broke the ankle wednesday! so my watersports days are done till march...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 switchrider

bad news - hope the recovery is quick... all the best.

Advertisement