Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another weak weather front ignores the south east...

Options
  • 08-08-2006 6:21pm

Well as it passed over here it wasnt even strong enough to obscure the sunshine,it got cloudy but it still poked through.

Currently sunny with some cloud and a temp of 21c in a strong dry west wind hitting 25mph
    The temp peaked in stronger sunshine about 2 hrs ago at 22.1c

Looking at the radar,it seems all the rain on this system is moving nicely west to east in that strongish wind and exiting north of the wicklow mts.

It's not doing the drought south of Dublin much good :/ (We got just 3mm's here from sundays rain btw)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Temp fell back 4 degrees to 16.4c as the rain arrived,4.1mm has fallen and is apperared to have stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Just passed though here, a brief heavy burst, but less than 1mm in all.

was 4.6mm on Sunday, so still very dry and little sign of much wet for a while.

Bone dry here now and 20c-no rain but an amazing sky full of a beautifull wavy fast moving cloud pattern

sunset%20011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Drizzly stuff here last couple of hours in SW Dublin, the ground really needs more than a dampening.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

There was a fair bit of rain in Drogheda this afternoon. We need the rain anyway. Hosepipe ban in operation in parts of Meath I believe.

BTW am I the only one having difficulty opening www.met.ie? It seems like their server has crashed.

2nd edit: www.meteireann.ie is working fine...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No front can beat the Sunny South East! I guess we have the residual of high pressure over where? France?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Im back and its cold and wet:D

At this time yesterday i was walking back to my hotel
    and the temperature gauge read 26c:rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

it was very misty rain in the south west, its all cleared up now though :)

Advertisement