Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6230i latest software

• 08-08-2006 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Thinking of smartening up my Nokia 6230i with a new fascia and the latest software - version 3.70, I think.

Does anyone have this and how does it improve things on the phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

jrey1981 wrote:
    Thinking of smartening up my Nokia 6230i with a new fascia and the latest software - version 3.70, I think.

Does anyone have this and how does it improve things on the phone?

The latest is actually 3.81, however you need special hardware, cables and software to flash DCT4 Nokia phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

was going to go to Nokia Service Centre where they have all the gubbins to do it as far as I know

jrey1981 wrote:
    was going to go to Nokia Service Centre where they have all the gubbins to do it as far as I know

Yes they will be able to do it, if its more than a year old they will charge you.

You are only a few miles away from me, I have kit here if that is handier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

two year warranty on all nokia phones

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Never bother to read the small print !
    Did not know there was a 2 year warranty on Nokia phones !

• Advertisement

skearon wrote:
    Yes they will be able to do it, if its more than a year old they will charge you.

You are only a few miles away from me, I have kit here if that is handier

Thanks for the offer. I will see how I get on. Not in a rush to do it but it is at the back of my mind.

Anyone know if the latest firmware will enable the artist and song title to be displayed on my phone when in Music Player mode?

I downloaded the latest version of PC Suite as I got a data cable, have now reformatted the memory card, and am just uploading all my songs again.

The first time, I just got some small rectangles where the song title should be.

jrey1981 wrote:
    Anyone know if the latest firmware will enable the artist and song title to be displayed on my phone when in Music Player mode?

I downloaded the latest version of PC Suite as I got a data cable, have now reformatted the memory card, and am just uploading all my songs again.

The first time, I just got some small rectangles where the song title should be.

The latest version is still 3.81

will see if that fixes it, although according to something I read on one of the Nokia discussion forums, you have to go through a rigmarole with Windows Media Player and downloading song titles and then converting this with PC Suite and saving it.

A big thumbs down for Nokia if this is still the case when I get the new software.

Advertisement