Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts bar on the Instruments board?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Can we please get rid of it? Pretty please?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Actually an option to switch it off would be nice. I Can see how some people would want it.

Can't wait to see what gets advertised in AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

ecksor, the rag needs more chloroform.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hobbes wrote:
    Actually an option to switch it off would be nice. I Can see how some people would want it.

Can't wait to see what gets advertised in AH.

The personals section.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i like it:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Sure, there's an option in your User CP (Options -> Misc Options) to turn it off.

Making it a scrolling marquee would reduce vertical real estate on the screen, which I think would be worse than something on the right hand side. Acc. to Regi, most ads are clicked on the left hand side, and I found that even more distracting... But please give us more ideas on how to make it look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Cloud wrote:
    Sure, there's an option in your User CP (Options -> Misc Options) to turn it off.

NOW you tell us! ;)

Cool. Happy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I just added the option 20 minutes ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Cloud wrote:
    I just added the option 20 minutes ago :)
    (psst, Pisstake ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Cloud wrote:

That's cool, nice one Cloud :)
    Cloud wrote:
    Making it a scrolling marquee would reduce vertical real estate on the screen, which I think would be worse than something on the right hand side. Acc. to Regi, most ads are clicked on the left hand side, and I found that even more distracting... But please give us more ideas on how to make it look better.

If google put their adverts on the right hand side, there must be a good reason for it?

This is very rough but would something like the attached image work? I know there would be a problem fitting the thread name in though...

Edit: they would obviously be random adverts there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

eoin_s wrote:
    T
    This is very rough but would something like the attached image work? I know there would be a problem fitting the thread name in though...

Edit: they would obviously be random adverts there.

I like your thinking eoin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I think the adverts bar is a good idea! Boards is expanding, woooooooahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

/me wonders if there's a bar at the side of Sex/Sexuality... ;)

(my subscription ran out!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There is a little button beside the search on the ads bar and you can click on it and the bar retracts hiding from view.

Advertisement