Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for tribal in Dublin

Options
  • 08-08-2006 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

Hi!

I was wondering, I've seen many fantastic tattoos in this forum, but where would you lot say would be the best place in Dublin to get a tribal style tattoo done?

I already have the design I want done, I just need someone that can do a good job of it, as it'll be my first tattoo and I want it to be perfect, and if I like it I'll get more done.

Its a tribal style dragon, and I'm going to get it on the back of my right shoulder. Just black ink, maybe 2 r 3 red lines where the claws cling on.

Any recommendations?

If so do they have a website/online gallery that I could check out?

Thanks guys n gals, asking because I value your opinions here. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 13_adi_13

try Wally in Stigmata or John in CR

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Checked the stigmata web site, but theres no mention of anyone called wally there??

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Isadora

He's only just started. Previously worked in Celestial Ring on Abbey Street. Takes ages to get organised with photos to add to a website and Mick and Cathal are up to their armpits with work. Drop in and ask to see his portfolio.

Ah nice one, thanks Isadora. :)

Is it easy to get to, cuz I'm pretty new to Dublin and don't really know my way around at all. I'm out in Citywest, would I be right that the easiest way to Swords would be out the m50 onto the m1 and take the exit there for swords?

yeah, turn off the M50 for the airport and swing a right at the airport roundabout. Follow the signs for Swords, very straight forward. You'll end up on the main street. Town Centre Mall is on the right hand side. Look out for the "Golden Arches". Stigmata is past Mcdonalds tucked away upstairs just inside main entrance. There's a coffee shop underneath.
    Parking is crap. Turn right at the traffic lights past the cop shop. Then turn left just past DHL. Past the Post office on the right there's a car park.

• Advertisement

:D Thank you so much! I must go check them out when I've a day off (probably next monday)

Phone first. A lot of tattoo places close Sun+Mon.
    01 8137091

Closed on a Monday? They're as bad as barbers/hairdressers ;) lol

I've Sunday Monday Tuesday off this comin weekend so maybe can catch them on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭obrien_pa

Isadora wrote:
    Phone first. A lot of tattoo places close Sun+Mon.
    01 8137091

Stigmata are closed on Mondays alright. They open fairly late on most Wednesdays and every Thursday and Friday night though. I've seen Wally's portfolio and also some work he's been doing while I've been in the studio. He's really, really good.

Parking is a major pain in Swords alright. It may be easier to get a 41 bus from town and get off on Swords main street.

Thanks for the heads up on that obrien_pa, I might check them out tomorrow night or Friday night. And I'll probably just drive out as I'd have to get a bus/luas into the city first, then get the bus to Swords.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the heads up on that obrien_pa, I might check them out tomorrow night or Friday night. And I'll probably just drive out as I'd have to get a bus/luas into the city first, then get the bus to Swords.

No worries! Hope you get on well..

Thanks me too! Am pretty nervous wi it being my first one, hard to know what to expect pain wise etc... as ive heard conflicting reports lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Thanks me too! Am pretty nervous wi it being my first one, hard to know what to expect pain wise etc... as ive heard conflicting reports lol
    If you want it, any pain you experience is worth it. But it ain't that bad, until the needle hits bone :p

I got a bit of padding so I'm hoping that will not happen :o

Everybody's pain threshold is different, but it ain't so painful really. It also depends on the location of the tattoo, but I would describe the sensation as if someone was continually gently scratching over the same area for a prolonged period of time. The sensation lessens as the session goes on as well.

Bring some sounds to listen to..it works for me (on cd - not with earphones..!) I also find that if you've put some work into the design, it's amazing to see it develop as it's tattoo'd..that takes your mind off any pain aswell.

Bottom-line - no pain, no gain!:cool:

I don't really expect to be able to see it till its done though, as it'll be on the back of my shoulder!

I've had the design for about a year and a half now to make sure I wasn't gonna go off it. I still love it! So I don't really give a **** about the pain, I'm getting it done! :D

Haven't got out yet, but here is the design I intend to get done:
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20143780/

Haven't got out yet, but here is the design I intend to get done:
    http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/20143780/

Niice!! That'll work well on the shoulder.
    :cool:

Yeah, I think she designed it specifically for the shoulder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hasseyt@hotmail

Hi, My name is Hannah I am from the US. I will be visiting Dublin in 10 days and am looking to get a tattoo during my stay. Dublin will be the first stop in my 2month trek through europe. Any reccomendations as to the best place to go?
    contact me at hasseyt@hotmail.com
    here is the link to my website where you can track my progress throughout europe... http://www.jetwisjourney.bravehost.com/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

really depends on what you want done..

Advertisement